More model decisions: Massey 1735E and the Kioti CK3510SE

/ More model decisions: Massey 1735E and the Kioti CK3510SE #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
Hi, been researching a lot, speaking with dealers, researching the forums and posting a lot and feel that I'm starting to get closer to a model choice. Was hoping for your help and opinions again.

I went to the local dealer to talk more about the Massey 1735E and the Kioti CK3510SE. I demoed the Massey and liked the hydraulic response of the tractor. What I didn't like was the loader control, I had to lean forward a little.

I asked about the front mount snowblower options for this tractor and since it does not have the mid-mount PTO I would need to buy a front mount blower that connects to the rear PTO. They sell Erskine and showed me how it works.That snow blower would cost $8600. The tractor and FEL is $22k.

They have a used Kioti CK3510SE Cab, 2019, 150 hours. Comes with the bucket, R3 tires. Looks like it's in good condition too. They are asking $25,000.

I'm going back and forth on a couple of things:

1. Do I need/want a cab? It would be nice in the winter but I push my snowblower without a "cab" now. I do plan to do SOME woods work such as dragging a fallen try or cutting a trail (cleaning up). Does the cab take away for PTO?
  2. Is there a big enough difference between the GPM/hydraulics performance between the two to cause me to go with one over the other?

What I want to do:
  • Use a rake to clean up large garden beds
  • Possibly till
  • Snowblow
  • Move compost
  • Move hay
  • Drag tree(s)

Last edited:
   / More model decisions: Massey 1735E and the Kioti CK3510SE #2  
I am looking at similar tractors in the 25 hp range. The loader specs on the new kioti loader are fairly eye-popping and have me leaning that direction.

/ More model decisions: Massey 1735E and the Kioti CK3510SE #3  
I went with the CK3510SE - it's been a great tractor - I had the mid PTO installed have a 66" front mont snowblower that works very well, I did not opt for the cab - I'm never in a hurry to get the snow moved - we get a decent amount, I move it when the storm is over, I have the clothing for it so I'm never uncomfortable - I have a EA pine needle rake that works very well, the FEL has moved tons of loam, stone, sand - have a finish mower and a set of 48" pallet forks - so far it's been flawless.......

/ More model decisions: Massey 1735E and the Kioti CK3510SE #4  
The CK3510SEHC factory cab is great tractor. Its nice on a very hot day to work with AC cooling, and then snowclearing in winter with the heater on. Its a very reliable tractor. I now have 430hrs in 3 years of hard work on my CK4010SEHC and no major repair issues, just normal maintenance.

The only comment I will make, is if your using the tractor to cut trails through the woods, the factory cab becomes a liability for movement around trees and most especially in a woods. Its so darn high, i was needing to trim all tree limbs, that could impact the top of the cab. Just be aware of this issue and compensate.

/ More model decisions: Massey 1735E and the Kioti CK3510SE
The CK3510SEHC factory cab is great tractor. Its nice on a very hot day to work with AC cooling, and then snowclearing in winter with the heater on. Its a very reliable tractor. I now have 430hrs in 3 years of hard work on my CK4010SEHC and no major repair issues, just normal maintenance.

The only comment I will make, is if your using the tractor to cut trails through the woods, the factory cab becomes a liability for movement around trees and most especially in a woods. Its so darn high, i was needing to trim all tree limbs, that could impact the top of the cab. Just be aware of this issue and compensate.

Thank you, good tips to keep in mind.