More Loader Hooks

/ More Loader Hooks #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
OK guys, as if you haven't seen enough welded on loader hooks, here are some more. This is the third set I have made and welded on and have yet to have a failure. I would say that the heaviest load I have lifted was 700-800 pounds. I cut this out of plate steel, 3/8th's inch I think. Not only can I use them with a chain but they are made specially to hook my home made fork lift forks with. See the attached picture.

Attachments

• 53-222452-LoaderHooks.jpg
    53-222452-LoaderHooks.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 884
   / More Loader Hooks
Here is a pic of the forks.

Attachments

• 53-222454-Loaderwithforklift.jpg
    53-222454-Loaderwithforklift.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 654
   / More Loader Hooks #3  
Nice custom welding work Brent. Bet it saved you a bundle in not having to buy forks.

/ More Loader Hooks
Those forks started out as a home made 3 point hitch rig that I used on my Bolens G152 and then when I got a loader I torched them off and welded them up to use on the loader. This is the 4th tractor those hooks have been used on.

/ More Loader Hooks #5  
Out of curiosity, what do you use to cut out these hooks?

/ More Loader Hooks
I have a metal cutting horizontal bandsaw that I used to cut out the basic shape of the hook. Then I used a 1/8th inch drill bit in my drill press to drill out a series of holes for the internal radius of the hook. I then used my die grinder to smooth out the inside of the hook. It would have been easier to cut that radius with a torch but I don't have one and my plasma cutter won't cut plate that thick.