Montana T7074

/ Montana T7074 #1  

Reachards

Tractor
Montana T7074
Tractor will not move in any gear

/ Montana T7074 #2  
I am going to guess the engine runs but something won't engage. If you have multiple speed ranges it is possible the tractor is between ranges - effectively in neutral. This can happen with an HST as well as a standard transmission if there are multiple ranges from which to select.

/ Montana T7074
Hey Roadworthy--Yes the engine runs fine, Clutch feels like it should, It is a standard transmission ,All linkages are operating visual at the transmission ,PTO runs BUT the tractor does not move like it is in neutral?? any Ideas?? Doug

/ Montana T7074 #4  
I'll stick with my between ranges theory for now. I've had the same thing happen with my old Mitsubishi tractor as well as my current Kubota. The old Mitsubishi had eighteen different gearings. It did not have a single gearshift, it essentially had three levers. One was on the fender and from time to time would get bumped and end up between gear ranges - essentially in neutral. When that happened I might think I'd blown the clutch until I realized I'd just bumped that lever. My Kubota is HST but has three ranges. If inadvertently bumped out of a range it is essentially in neutral. Tractor Data says you have sixteen speeds. I'd check and move my gear selectors to see if I was overlooking the obvious. TractorData.com Montana T7074 tractor information