Montana owners, are you here?

/ Montana owners, are you here? #11  
I'm strongly considering joining you guys with a 5740C for haying and general loader work. What is the going price in the midwest for the 5740C with QT loader and QT bucket?

/ Montana owners, are you here? #12  
5740C w/ FEL (about 25 hrs)

Box blade, pallet forks, 7' brush hog on order.

Happy so far. Have been using it to plant a vineyard and clear brush for a housing development with a borrowed grapple bucket. Pictures on the way.

Mine has the Koyker 185 FEL. Routinely use it to lift 250 gallon poly-totes full of water. When full they are tough to get them off the ground enough to move. 200 gallons is much easier.

/ Montana owners, are you here? #13  
Maka, I am a new member of Tractorbynet. and also a new family member of the MONTANA family. I just purchased a 4940-FEL-ag tires-Front wheel assist,this tractor will be used for feeding hay,pasture mowing,reseeding pasture,spraying,and anything else that needs to be done.I have 2 dislikes so far and they are on the loader,the loader control lever is as tiny as a pencil and has no tension at all,and my bucket is66.5 inches wide and some of the buckets are 71.5 inches wide,why would that be. I like everthing else on it so far(5hrs.) I have used JD's for the last 25 yrs. but I really liked what I saw in this machine. I have a 100acre farm in far western Ky. that is a gently rolling land that is a hay farm and Reg.Boer goat farm. Robert

/ Montana owners, are you here? #14  
OK. Scratch the box blade off my post above. I ripped the tines off this evening doing a little work. Who makes the box blade? I guess it wasn't up to the task.

/ Montana owners, are you here? #15  
I have just discovered the Montana Brand. I am interested in the Montana 3040 with FEL. Can you tell me if this tractor is the same LG tractor sold by Farmtrac - I believe their model is named 300 DTC. It looks to me that they are the exact same tractor. I have a local Farmtrac dealer. The Montana dealer is about 60 - 70 miles away - However the Montana price, equipped the same, is $1,000 less. Both offer the same financing arrangements. Montana seems to have more implements available and they appear to be more robust.

I welcome anyone's comments on my question of "Are they the same?" and any other general observations.

Thanks

/ Montana owners, are you here? #16  
Yes those 2 models are the same.Montana's come with a 3 year warranty,not sure on the Long warranty.Tafe is also the same as well.The 300/3040 is a nice solid machine and with 4 cyl and dual remotes standard Id go for it b4 the fall.You never know then the mfg's will increase the pricing again

/ Montana owners, are you here? #17  
5740C purchased 6/14/05 after lots of homework and hours spent looking for low hour Kubotas in the 60 to 90 hp range. Paid less than every low hr used Kubota I found in the last 6 mths plus has creeper and dual hydraulics standard. AC is great, cools down FAST! Got the new HD skid steer bucket with it along with the new style loader. The dealer had just pulled in with it 10 minutes before I got there. It was still on the trailer and had to be run through the shop before they would let me take it. No short cuts at Nowlin equipment in Vinita, OK. Ron is a good man and a no nonsense dealer in every respect...his word is gold. I mounted my 9'2" disc mower on it to see if I needed fluid in the tires. It didn't even know it was there, even when extended and left in the air a foot or so, while traveling across the field. No fluid for this one. Will use it for disc mowing, round baling, clearing cow lot and horse lots to the composting area. pulling deadfalls from the creeks bottoms and fence rows, augering post holes, spreading gravel, clearing snow from the drive, on and on and on. Since the green paint is so pretty, I'll keep my 360 Long/dual loader for use as a mobile painting scaffold...works great with a airless sprayer, 5gal bucket of paint and generator or extension cord. It will also be handy for raking hay. I'm going to retire my IH 1566 160hp turbo diesel....if anyone wants some cheap hp let me know.

/ Montana owners, are you here? #18  
hayer60,

I agree, Ronny Nowlin is a first class fellow.
Congratulations on your 5740C---nice tractor.

PM me or call, if you would, about your 1566 Intl tractor--I may be interested in it.

dancce

PS: Maka----mark me down as an owner of a 5740C also---I bought one as a second tractor for use in the hay field.
Only thing I don't like about them is the crappy seat(most descriptive adjective I could think of ,on short notice!)---Montana is aware--they will be changing sometime in the future----In the meantime,I have been replacing them with a good after-market cloth seat, with armrests, lumbar support, etc.
Adds about < $400 to price of the tractor---but well worth it---especially for my old bones.