Montana owners, are you here?

/ Montana owners, are you here? #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
I know we have Montana owners here who have posted only occasionally or not at all. We are growing rapidly and I would like to see how many Montana owners are actually here on TBN.

What model do you own? How many hours on it, what you do with it and where you are located.

I will start with the machine I have and use regularly.

Montana 3940HST
52 hrs
Clearing brush, landscaping, preparing ground for 5 acres of tree farm.
No. Idaho. Way North.

Maka

/ Montana owners, are you here? #2  
Maka,

Yup, I'm here!!

MONTANA 5740C

30 or so hours to date, but getting ready to mow 50 acres real soon

Moving large round hay bales, moving/placing road rock and dirt w/FEL, mowing sides of long private road.

North Texas

/ Montana owners, are you here? #3  
Montana 5740C with 56+ hrs. All kinds of field work (both hay and row crop), maintaining an 800 ft gravel drive with FEL and box blade, moving logs with a pallet fork (I own a Woodmizer portable sawmill). This machine is the best addition to the farm and sawmill I could have made. It does it all! I live in Middle Tennessee and purchased the tractor at the end of April. I recently moved a 16 ft. pine log (16 in. on small end) with no tire ballast and only a 7 ft box blade on the rear. My lifting problems are over!

/ Montana owners, are you here?
Two 5740C owners and a 3940hst owner. I do love that 5740C, it is a very nice tractor. Anyone else?

Thanks,
Maka

/ Montana owners, are you here? #5  
LG Montana 4540 here. Bought it in Feb 2005. 51 hours, just went through 1st fluid change and lube.

Well made tractor. Runs good, haven't had any problems. It's a small tractor, with a tight work station, so the Montana compacts are not the best choice for tall guys like me (6' 4"). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I wrote a more lengthy review in this forum, if anyone is interested.

James

/ Montana owners, are you here?
Hey Sandman, I like the 4540 but I can see at 6'4" it being to compact for you.

Maka

/ Montana owners, are you here? #7  
Maka,

I have a 5740C with FEL.

As of today I have 22 hours on it.

It is used for just about everything, from maintaining 2.5 mile mountain dirt road, clearing fire breaks, digging post holes, and mowing the fields. It is a real work horse and it has performed everything I have ask and then some.

Today I was using the brush hog down by our pond and I got into some soft ground and the wheels started to spin to the point I was sure I was going to get stuck. I stepped on the rear differential lock and it pulled out of the soft stuff like it wasn't even there. This tractor is a real animal when it comes to traction!

It was a little more money than I wanted to spend on a tractor because of the cab but it has proven to be worth every dime. At 6'4"@220 pounds it has room to spare for the ice box full of cold drinks.

So mark me down as one very happy Montana customer! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Montana owners, are you here? #8  
I don't have a Montana but do have an LG 39HST. Happy with it so far, general work around the farm is all I do with it. It has a Miller FEL with 6' bucket.

For you LG owners, how do you keep the 3pt arms centered on your tractor. When I hook up my mower it swings back and forth and the arms of the 3pt get over in the tires and are tearing them up.

Thanks

/ Montana owners, are you here? #9  
Hey Maka,

Montana 3840 w/FEL
Have 28 hrs so far. Had one problem with loader bolts breaking off at the base of the frame. Montana fixed it with no problem. I think they were just over torqued on install.

Use it for post holes, landscaping, driveway maint, mowing, clearing, moving dirt (40 14yrd loads so far) and just plain being to lazy to carry stuff.

You'd be surprised what you can carry with a FEL that you don't have to use the wheelbarrow for.

Texas Gulf Coast (near Houston)

/ Montana owners, are you here? #10  
Hello Matthewjones

The center adjustments are located on the bottom arms as shown in the attach picture on a LG Montana.

Attachments

• 667675-3point.jpg
    667675-3point.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 349