Montana AC Hose Breakage?

/ Montana AC Hose Breakage? #1  

jc7622

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana 5740C
My AC has gone down twice so far since I bought my 5740C a few months ago. The metal line that leads out of the compressor to the condensor has broken. I got it out of the shop the other day and the new part broke after one day of use (brush-hogging). So far everything is under warranty and the dealer's service has been excellent, but still it would be good to figure out why this is happening. Has anyone else come across a problem like this with your Montana (or any other vehicle for that matter)?

We checked to see that nothing is shaking under the hood that may be breaking it. Everything is perfectly smooth while running and also at start-up and shut-down there is absolutely no movement of the compressor or anywhere else. A local AC shop also suggested making the hose longer, but it doesn't appear to be too short or stretched. The intake hose does press up against it, but the mechanic at the dealer didn't seem to think that could be causing it.

Any suggestions? Do you think a good welder could take the new part and beef it up so that it won't break so easily?

JC in OK

/ Montana AC Hose Breakage? #2  
jc,

No problem like that with my 5740C and in fact the A/C in mine blows colder than it does in my F-250. With our severe drought though, admittedly, I haven't had the need to do any major brush hogging yet. I sure hope they figure it out for you. Good Luck!!

/ Montana AC Hose Breakage? #3  
My local dealer just picked my 5740c up for service and while there added a cable tie to my freon line to pull it away from a metal bracket on the radiator. He had one break due to chaffing against that bracket. You may want to check for that as well. He said that the parts dept said there was a demand for the hoses.

All in all I love my 5740c. My dealer support has been great.

/ Montana AC Hose Breakage?
The mechanic at my dealer told me today that when he called Springdale to inquire about what could be causing the hose to break, he was told that they had shipped 12 of the hoses out just that day. Apparently there is a problem with breakage.

Hopefully they will develop a stronger part in the future. It has to get expensive paying for not only the part but also the labor and the cost to recharge the system.