Montana 4940 Electrical Problem

/ Montana 4940 Electrical Problem #1  

KrumpsBrother

Silver Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 675DTC/Kubota B7800/BCS 2Wheel with ACME 6.5hp
Bought a new 4940 and so far (7hrs.), I like it alot.
Problem is when I step on the brake pedal high beam headlights go on as well as the brake lights. When the headlights are turned on and I hit the brakes, the fuse for the headlights blows. I'm trying to have to keep from hauling back to dealer for warranty fix.

I checked all bulbs and they are good.

All ideas are will help.

Thank's KB

/ Montana 4940 Electrical Problem #2  
Have you talked to the dealer about it? Was the problem there from day one?

I would try and see if you could get him to stop by and look at it before you go to the trouble of hauling it there.

Ken

/ Montana 4940 Electrical Problem #3  
Sounds like a possible direct short between the brake power wire and the high beam head light supply wire. Bet if you turned your head lights on high beam the brake lights would come on.

Another probable cause is a miss wired electrical connector.

I would suspect the problem to be under the dash near fuse box or a relay. Might check there for an obvious problem.

An electrical schematic will be needed to trouble shoot the problem if you don't find an obvious short. Your dealer should be able to get you one. Better yet tell him to come out and fix it... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Montana 4940 Electrical Problem #4  
I think the dealer could fix this quickly and I am sure they would. If you just want to do it yourself then you may also want to look at the harness plugs. They are well done and pretty easy to access and check.

For me, I would call the dealer and have them do it.

Thanks,
Maka