Model Change for The Case DX21 & DX24

/ Model Change for The Case DX21 & DX24 #1  

RickO

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota G1900
I was talking to a dealer today who said that the Case IH (Farmall) DX21 and DX24 are going away and they are replacing with the DX23 and DX26.

Priced me a DX26 and a 60" MMM for $15,500. A DX23 would be $1,800 less he said.

/ Model Change for The Case DX21 & DX24 #2  
RickO the Case Farmall DX and the New Holland TC tractors are essentially the same machines with different paint and headlights. Case-New Holland is upgrading the engine ratings on the HP by doing some tweaks to them, letting them rev up a little higher, and probably altering the gear/hydro units a bit to work with the higher RPMs effeciently. The NH TC21 and TC24 are also being morphed into TC23 and TC26.

Funny thing, some dealers charge more for the Farmalls, others charge more for the NHs. I never found out, but I suspect the two brands carry the same cost to the dealer (or are within a couple $ anyway).

/ Model Change for The Case DX21 & DX24 #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Funny thing, some dealers charge more for the Farmalls, others charge more for the NHs. I never found out, but I suspect the two brands carry the same cost to the dealer (or are within a couple $ anyway).
)</font>

When I made my first purchase I was told by the New Holland guy the tractors are the same except Case was going to be more expensive. He was true for the most part at least in our area back then. Today after two years it looks to me like they are the same price. In fact one of the local dealers has a Case dealership in one town and a New Holland in another town and he told me they now are within a few dollars. You know it might be one of them paint color things that makes it a difference /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Now I don't believe Case has the Super Steer option that New Holland has.

murph

/ Model Change for The Case DX21 & DX24 #4  
Around here, the Case machines are cheaper. My little DX24E was $450 less than the TZ24DA, and my dealer sells both Case and New Holland. So, I got the better color /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif at a better price.