Model 2555

/ Model 2555 #1  

HollowOakFarm

Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST
Has anyone experienced an issue with their block heater going haywire? Ours apparently shorted out somewhere and burnt to a crisp a lot of the electric grid. Our usual mechanic, a local guy, figures the damage is too extensive for him to wade into...not that I blame him. He was frankly amazed the tractor didn't catch fire, that's how fried some of the components are, including the starter.

Temps were in the mid-30's that night, not that that should factor into it.

/ Model 2555 #2  
We had a customer who's tractor burn't to the ground when he left the key in the "on" position. Fortunately his tractor was still outside when this happened or else it would have burn't our entire building down. He trailered and dropped off his own tractor and had just spent 10 grand on it with a new engine, fenders, hood, tires, starter, hydraulic pump and complete fluid and filter service just 1 month before.
What you describe could possibly have been caused by a "grounding" issue causing a "dead short".

/ Model 2555
We'll have to have the dealer come this week and winch it onto one of their trailers. This couldn't have happened at a worse time as we use the tractor far more Dec to March grappling logs than at any other time of year.

I will update with the grim news as it is relayed to us.

/ Model 2555
Present damage assessment : $28,000 and climbing

They think the meltdown started with a faulty switch related to throttle (if I heard that correctly?) and that it was probably all over in a matter of less than a minute.

/ Model 2555
Unfortunately not. 28 grand.

200 hours labor, give or take.

I should think one could build an entire tractor in that time, including forging the steel...but what do I know, I'm just a landscaper.

/ Model 2555
To be clear: that's not a repair estimate, it's an insurance repair appraisal. Pretty obviously a total loss.

/ Model 2555 #8  
oh wow, I guess that is totaled then. maybe you could buy it back, then rebuild it.....?

/ Model 2555
The new tractor is here, 2660. Some how we managed not to notice that it's not hydrostatic (clutch pedal is a dead giveaway), but we are getting used to shifting.

I have a quick question: we were having a bear of a time mounting the loader, and that is pretty much the easiest attachment to get on. I noticed the lift plates are misaligned, which didn't seem possible and led to observing the forks themselves are at slightly different positions in their cycle.

Dealer suggested running them up & down / in & out a number of times to, I'm guessing, 'rebalance' the fluid? That hasn't done the trick, as seen at rest in the photo.

Any suggestions are welcome. If I can save the dealer a trip out here I'm sure he'd appreciate it.
20230217_134434-picsay.jpg

/ Model 2555 #10  
I’d put a loader bucket full of weight on it and try to curl/uncurl and see what happens. Did you measure the ends of the chrome rod and get an actual measurement how far off they are?