Mn, want to move to warmer area next year.

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #1  

jobguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT120
"I only have about one more Winter in me" said the wife.
We thought TX would be a good place to go but leaving 10,000 lakes for a place as dry as TX,,,, well I'm not sure that is the answer. Any suggestions?? Would like to live on or near water, not too hot,not too cold etc. Keep in mind after MN most any place has milder weather and to us will be a very nice change.

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #2  
We thought TX would be a good place to go but leaving 10,000 lakes for a place as dry as TX,,,, well I'm not sure that is the answer. Any suggestions?? Would like to live on or near water, not too hot,not too cold etc. Keep in mind after MN most any place has milder weather and to us will be a very nice change.

Check out Tybee Island, Georgia...right on the coast and a step back in time, also Florida's coast...some great deals down there now. Welcome South in any case..:thumbsup:

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #3  
My brother has a getaway cabin in Bakersville, NC, every time I have been up there winter or summer, the temps have always been pleasant.

Depending on your budget, there are some beautiful places on rivers that just wanna make you hang a hammock and listen to the rustling water.

If I didn't have anchors here, It would definitely get some serious consideration.

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #4  

Here's a site with good info IMHO for folks thinking about re-locating.
City-Data.com Forum: Relocation/Moving, Local City Discussions

Boone

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #5  
Winnipeg isn't too far away from MN :D

I would like someplace not so humid, but lots of places out west are running out of water...

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #6  
I moved north to Maine to get away from summer heat - I like it in the low 70's for tops. 20 years ago Maine was that, and the winters were 25 below 0. I can deal with cold. Now the winters are around 0, but the summers are in the high 80's. Someone said- go to the coast (5 min from the water's edge!)- good idea. Cooler and warmer. Check out the summer time temps- being from Mn it might be more than you are thinking of (100+!). Prince Edward Island, Canada is a wonderful place to check out.

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #7  
Pacific NW not to hot and not to cold. Mountains and ocean, wife is originally from Wisconsin, and she likes this much better.:thumbsup:

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #8  
+1 for pacific NW

OR.....

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #9  
Come to Southern Oregon.

We get a few inches of snow every year, a few hot days every summer.

No sales tax. Lots of water.

Instant resident privileges the second you cross the border planning to stay, with the only exception being 6 months residence needed to get resident rate hunting license.

/ Mn, want to move to warmer area next year. #10  
Coming from Oklahoma to North Carolina my biggest surprise was how nice the weather is here. I can certainly see why we hearded the Indians from NC to OK. If you like 4 seasons this is one place that should serve you well. I'd rather be a 70 miles north though so I'd be at about 1500' or so above sea level for a little more winter and not so much summer. Dave's place in Oregon sounds pretty nice too.