Mixing R1 and R4 tires

/ Mixing R1 and R4 tires #1  

marksmand

Tractor
Kubota L3301
I own a l3301 and the fronts are getting a bit worn at 550hrs. Currently have Ag tires. I just had an opportunity to buy a full set of R1's with wheels
rears filled with rim guard for a great price, $800 with only 50hrs on them . I was thinking of just using the R4's in the front for now
According to my dealer you should never mix them with 4WD because of the difference in diameter. I checked the diameter of each set of fronts and they
were both at 70 1/4". Checked the rears and they were within a 1/2" each other.
So what is the issue with mixing them then? Especially just the fronts? Rob

Industrial front:27x8.50-15 (4WD)
Industrial rear:15-19.5 (4WD)

4WD Standard tires (ag):Front: 7.2-16. Rear: 11.2-24

/ Mixing R1 and R4 tires #2  
You did your homework.
If you're that close in the circumference, just go for it.
Imagine you'd replace only front or rear tires and keep the old ones on the other end. There might even be a bigger difference.

/ Mixing R1 and R4 tires #4  
If you can find the spes for the loaded radius and they are within that 1/4" you shouldn't have any problem.
All the tractor needs is the correct loaded radius/loaded circumference the tread design has nothing to do with the lead lag of the system.

/ Mixing R1 and R4 tires #6  
Within 1/2in of each other..I bet air pressure would matter more than 1/2in different.
And also don’t use 4 wheel drive on concrete, asphalt and herd surfaces. By the way I like r 4 pretty good.