Mixer conversion

/ Mixer conversion #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
A friend of mine gave me and old drum type concrete mixer. its on a heavy frame ithough about making it a 3point hitch mound and adding a self loading clambucket like alot of European mixers have on them. Mostly im making in for dad because hes not able to shovel aggregate when mixing concrete. I figue when im off at work and he want to do someting hell have all the mechanical help he needs. Plus im working on a new concrete border machin and may need to be able to mix and load mecahically and have the tractor load the layer.

/ Mixer conversion #2  
Hmmmm..... a self-loading clam? We were plagued by the need for small and pesky concrete jobs.....like the 4' X 4' base for a deepwell pump which takes about a yard of mix......and what we finally did was set up a tandem axle trailer with the mixer right in the tail and LOW DOWN. The trailer had a deck with sides which held the sand/gravel mix. Because the mixer was low, you shoveled the mix downhill into the mixer. We had a top-opening watertight front compartment for the concrete sacks so you could grab a shovelfull of cement dust easily. The same engine that rolled the mixer also had an air compressor to pressurize a water tank which held about forty gallons.....plenty of water for cleanup and to squirt your buddies on a hot CA day. That trailer was virtuually a mini batch plant, and we rented it out quite a bit after we built it. The nice thing was that you could back the trailer right over the forms and dump the mixer directly into the forms for flatwork.....no moving mud with a wheelbarrow and less cleanup. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mixer conversion
I helped a fellow here with his curber, he had a trailer like that but working around some houses we had alot if trouble with getting the trailer around some yards. I have the clam already built from a previous project. The main reason though my dad needs conrete here every now and again and i thought itd be nice to be able do ever thing from the drivers seat. I thought about cutting a side out of the mixer and putting in a peice of expanded metal and make a compost screener. Take care Taylor Lambert