Miss my old 755

/ Miss my old 755 #1  

deere755

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case 2090 Massey Ferguson 4233 John Deere 4700
I borrowed a 955 with a loader from a friend of mine this past weekend to spread about 50 ton of rock I had delivered. The 55 series John Deeres are still in my opinion one of the most handy little tractors ever built. I had that rock spread in no time used very little fuel and it is so quick with the foot controlled hydro and plenty of power to get the job done. I really miss having a small tractor like that around. Made me really miss my 755. I swear someday I will own another 55 series tractor.

/ Miss my old 755 #2  
I'm quite find of my 855. It has its bugs (I bought it very well used) but as I learn more I'm working them out. It's limited by its size sometimes, but manages to be the most valuable (in terms of work completed) tool in my kit. Rare is the weekend where it doesn't see at least some use.

Wouldn't mind adding a 955 set up as a TLB to my small fleet.

/ Miss my old 755 #3  
Agreed that hte x55's are royalty... of which the 955 was/is king. But then again, I am biased. :laughing:

I love the versatility of the loader and super quick and easy to attach/detach 7 backhoe. It takes me longer to unpin and remove all the 3pt linkage than it does to mount the backhoe.

/ Miss my old 755 #4  
Again, in my probably biased opinion they are the best. Very simple and very reliable. To get mine away from me they will have to pry it from my CDH :).

/ Miss my old 755 #5  
i love my 755 its done everything i need to and more.

/ Miss my old 755 #6  
Agreed that hte x55's are royalty... of which the 955 was/is king. But then again, I am biased. :laughing:

I love the versatility of the loader and super quick and easy to attach/detach 7 backhoe. It takes me longer to unpin and remove all the 3pt linkage than it does to mount the backhoe.

I might not take the hoe off much if I could find an affordable TLB setup because I would not want to get rid of the 855. I would like a little more lift up front and a little more power overall.

/ Miss my old 755 #7  
It's not uncommon for me to switch between a box blade, 3pt drawbar, and the backhoe... all in an afternoon's work. Do it a couple times and it becomes second nature.

/ Miss my old 755 #8  
Again, in my probably biased opinion they are the best. Very simple and very reliable. To get mine away from me they will have to pry it from my CDH :).

What he said!!

Ed

/ Miss my old 755 #9  
It's not uncommon for me to switch between a box blade, 3pt drawbar, and the backhoe... all in an afternoon's work. Do it a couple times and it becomes second nature.

Which is why I'd keep the 855 around. :D

More toys, I mean tools, means a better result, right?

/ Miss my old 755 #10  
i just recently got my 1992 4x4 855 fel and I traded my corvette convertible for it , I could not be any happier ! and I can't understand why I waited so long to get one and I'm just like a kid with a new toy can't wait to go out and "play" with it everyday ! :thumbsup: