Mini X mower ?

/ Mini X mower ? #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
I have ben thinking about getting a brush or flail type mower for my KX121, Not really sure what to to look at and what to avoid. Im going to be using it to trim back the sides of my road...about 1000 feet on both sides. Mostly smaller pine branches and scrub oak chutes 2-4' feet tall and small branches.May also use it to maintain the low areas we already cleared so they don't get overgrown again.. Anyone have any experience with them for this type of use ?

/ Mini X mower ? #2  
It will cost you less money to rent a mulching head for your excavator for a day from a Fecon dealer in Mass.

/ Mini X mower ?
It will cost you less money to rent a mulching head for your excavator for a day from a Fecon dealer in Mass.

Closest one is 2 hrs away... I would rather just buy something and have it when I need it, and have time to use it.

/ Mini X mower ? #4  
I started a thread a couple days ago in the excavator forum and no constructive replys..

It all depends on the weight of your mini... and aux flow volume.

For me I need a light weight setup. my New Holland is 6000lbs a cutter over 300lbs would start to limit the excavators reach

There are plenty of options and some really expensive,but...
Like you I have over 1/2 mile of roadways and being on the side of a mountain a lot of banks that could use a lot of maintaining.
A brush cutter could be used all year around.

The best advise I received was use a string trimmer..

I have gathered some good options.
PM me and maybe i have some info for you

/ Mini X mower ?
I started a thread a couple days ago in the excavator forum and no constructive replys..

It all depends on the weight of your mini... and aux flow volume.

For me I need a light weight setup. my New Holland is 6000lbs a cutter over 300lbs would start to limit the excavators reach

There are plenty of options and some really expensive,but...
Like you I have over 1/2 mile of roadways and being on the side of a mountain a lot of banks that could use a lot of maintaining.
A brush cutter could be used all year around.

The best advise I received was use a string trimmer..

I have gathered some good options.
PM me and maybe i have some info for you

Thanks, I don't know how to or if I can PM anyone here. But my mini is about 9500 lbs. not sure of the flow rating. I can 100% confirm that I won't be doing it with a string trimmer... if the mower thing doesn't work out I may just rip the trees out with the mini and the thumb. ...I'm about the only one who maintains my road with 7 people who live on it.. I don't want to make it a bigger project than it needs to be.

/ Mini X mower ? #6  
the cost of a mulching head is pretty steep.

Is this a private road with no municipal maintenance??

I would still rent one as they could deliver it to you and pick it up.
All you would need to do is invest in new hoses with quick couplers and hose guards.

/ Mini X mower ?
the cost of a mulching head is pretty steep.

Is this a private road with no municipal maintenance??

I would still rent one as they could deliver it to you and pick it up.
All you would need to do is invest in new hoses with quick couplers and hose guards.

It is a private road.. but I already ordered one from Rut Mfrg in NC. should have it in a couple weeks. I hate renting things. I would rather just have it when I want it.

/ Mini X mower ? #8  
It is a private road.. but I already ordered one from Rut Mfrg in NC. should have it in a couple weeks. I hate renting things. I would rather just have it when I want it.

I have the KX91 and been looking at their mowers. Please let us know what you think of it once you get it and use it. THANKS

/ Mini X mower ?
I have the KX91 and been looking at their mowers. Please let us know what you think of it once you get it and use it. THANKS
Will do.

/ Mini X mower ?
So my cutter arrived today. Had to get a couple new hoses and quick disconnects for it so I can switch back to the hydro thumb quickly. I originally thought I ordered a flail mower head, but what came was a brush cutter head.. Im actually happy I got that one instead as it is a bit more robust. Had it out this afternoon and I'm learning how to use it efficiently. One thing that is a bit annoying is that my machine can't travel and mow at the same time. It does not have enough flow to do both at the same time... that kind of stinks. I thought the KX121 was capable but its not. The cutter will easily knock out 2 or 3" scrub trees with no problem. got about 1/2 of my road done in about 1 1/2 hours.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

WOODEN FENCE POST BUNDLE (A32908)
WOODEN FENCE POST...
2006 Freightliner Business Class M2 Mercedes-Benz Diesel Engine, 18' Flat B (A33349)
2006 Freightliner...
3 pieces in lot (A32932)
3 pieces in lot...
2020 Bobcat T76 Skid Steer Loader (A32803)
2020 Bobcat T76...
New DeWalt 4 1/2" Small Angle Grinder - D28402 (A33349)
New DeWalt 4 1/2"...
Goodyear 54X31-26 Turf Tires (A33041)
Goodyear 54X31-26...