Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #81  
I'm sorry to say this. But I hope the economy gets bad enough that voters pull their collective head out of their collective ash next year and start fixing some of the issues causing such hardship on the wage earning and retired Americans.
Seems people only wake up and vote when it hits them in the pocketbook. Gas is near record highs with a dollar or so of road use tax added onto it at the pump.
Low grade Costco gas is $4.99 and diesel is $5.39
But I've seen $6 in outlying areas.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #82  
I'm sorry to say this. But I hope the economy gets bad enough that voters pull their collective head out of their collective ash next year and start fixing some of the issues causing such hardship on the wage earning and retired Americans.
Seems people only wake up and vote when it hits them in the pocketbook. Gas is near record highs with a dollar or so of road use tax added onto it at the pump.
The media is starting
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-crisis-nyc-chicago-*****-administration-proposals/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...or-new-york-city-migrant-crisis-*****-border/

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #83  
High Oil prices should cause Social Security checks to increase a little

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #84  
It's been a shell game for a few decades. Or do you think massive deficit spending just happened in the last seven years?
It ain’t just deficit spending ripsters.
Theres a lot more to it than that. Now it’s on steroids. Overregulation, open borders, “green new deal” spending.
It all costs the American taxpayer.

Best economy EV-ER. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #85  

Unfortunately, thats what it’s going to take. Millions upon millions of Americans are going to have to go broke for change to occur. People will have to see for themselves that yes, there is climate change which has been proven to occur naturally. Hopefully they will realize we don’t have to fork over all our wealth to the new and dangerous g___ment/big tech cooperative.

IMO, we are already too far gone to recover into something that resembles a country with clean manufacturing again because of our impossibly high tax and regulations structures and overpaid/over-benefitted work force

Last edited:
   / Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #86  
Millions of Americans going broke will result in stimulus and more government handouts and reliance…

The plan is working…

It’s really an easy plan, because the masses are idiots. I’d love to know the real make up of the $1T of American credit card debt… I’m betting it isn’t largely due to ‘essentials’

I’ve never experienced revolving credit card debt… I use my credit card(s) for everything due to the benefits they offer, been years since I’ve been to an ATM. Can’t imagine the stress once you find yourself in that 20% revolving hole. Self restraint is a learned trait.

And the US makes bankruptcy way too dang easy for individuals and businesses.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #87  
Personally, I wouldn't drive a GM truck (and I presume you are referring to that) of it was the last truck on the planet.
GM has been very good to me.
Chevy too.
Luck of the draw...or assembly. Lol.

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #88  
Unfortunately, thats what it’s going to take. Millions upon millions of Americans are going to have to go broke for change to occur. People will have to see for themselves that yes, there is climate change which has been proven to occur naturally. Hopefully they will realize we don’t have to fork over all our wealth to the new and dangerous g___ment/big tech cooperative.

IMO, we are already too far gone to recover into something that resembles a country with clean manufacturing again because of our impossibly high tax and regulations structures and overpaid/over-benefitted work force
You complain about high prices and an overpaid work force?
So why can't people afford stuff if they are overpaid?

/ Midwest Gasoline to Spike $0.50-$1.00 Per gallon #90  
GM has been very good to me.
Chevy too.
Luck of the draw...or assembly. Lol.

Well, my wife has a Suburban LTZ 4x4 and while I don't drive it, I will admit that routine maintenance is light years easier than my Ford. She bought it not me and I had no say. I will say the mileage sucks big time.