Mid PTO option

/ Mid PTO option #1  

flyinghigh

Silver Member
Tractor
century
All the brochures indicate you can get a mid mount PTO option so you can have a true 3rd function. Can this be added after the fact by the dealer or only at time of order?

/ Mid PTO option #2  
The PTO is a rotating mechanical gear that powers things like mowers or snow blowers.

The 3rd function are hydraulic ports that power things like grapples or shears.

/ Mid PTO option #3  
All the brochures indicate you can get a mid mount PTO option so you can have a true 3rd function. Can this be added after the fact by the dealer or only at time of order?
Mid PTO has to come from the factory. As Torvy said that is for mechanically driving attachments that fit under or in front of the tractor.
The third function can be done either by direct hydraulics, meaning a third pair of hoses connecting to the loader, or with a diverter valve that diverts bucket tilt to the third function and is operated by pressing a switch and "tilting" the bucket.

/ Mid PTO option
3 horse...so how/where do you get the direct drive option from on the tractor?

ie this video shows a true 3rd function that does not require a diverter...does LS offer this?

/ Mid PTO option
3 horse...so how/where do you get the direct drive option from on the tractor?

ie this video shows a true 3rd function that does not require a diverter...does LS offer this?

ok...I think I get it now...you have to use the "power beyond" function to power the direct drive 3rd function. At this level of tractor, I can't understand why they don't just include it...everyone wants it if they have a loader.

/ Mid PTO option #6  
ok...I think I get it now...you have to use the "power beyond" function to power the direct drive 3rd function. At this level of tractor, I can't understand why they don't just include it...everyone wants it if they have a loader.
The MT357 was on my short list. One reason I went with TYM is that they built them with the connections for 3rd function from the factory. You still have to add the lines and valves to the loader, but the tractor end is done, including having the 3rd function buttons on the joystick. No power beyond to mess with. No diverter valve.

/ Mid PTO option
Which model tym did you get?

/ Mid PTO option #8  
Mid PTO has to come from the factory. As Torvy said that is for mechanically driving attachments that fit under or in front of the tractor.
The third function can be done either by direct hydraulics, meaning a third pair of hoses connecting to the loader, or with a diverter valve that diverts bucket tilt to the third function and is operated by pressing a switch and "tilting" the bucket.
I bought an LS MT235HE last year. I purchased one on the lot and had them add a mid PTO to it so I had the option for a front snow blower should I want one.

Cost was 1,020 for the part and install labor.

/ Mid PTO option
Thank you! I understand now what the mid pto is for...different application than my 3rd function on the bucket it appears.

/ Mid PTO option #10  
I bought an LS MT235HE last year. I purchased one on the lot and had them add a mid PTO to it so I had the option for a front snow blower should I want one.

Cost was 1,020 for the part and install labor.
For it to be that cheap, the tractor had to be manufactured for a quick bolt on mid PTO. Mine came with a mid PTO but it is optional on all of the LS made New Holland tractors. If it weren't for needing the loader year round, I might have considered a front mount snow blower.