Microsoft e-mail question?

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
I have found that my email automatically deletes email from one of my friends, and it also deletes email that I send to myself...neither are on my blocked list. Not a world shattering problem, but a bit irritating. Anyone know of a simple fix?

Thanks in advance;
Dennis

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #2  
I have found that my email automatically deletes email from one of my friends, and it also deletes email that I send to myself...neither are on my blocked list. Not a world shattering problem, but a bit irritating. Anyone know of a simple fix?

Thanks in advance;
Dennis

A scratch built filter or rule run afoul? Or...perhaps you classified yourself and friend as "junk mail"? Which Microsoft mail client?

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #3  
Are you using Hotmail/Live Mail/Outlook.com? IMO, they have the worst spam filters around. Switch to Gmail 99.99% and your spam problems will go away (it can even retrieve email from your old email account for you).

Aaron Z

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #4  
The only problem with using gmail, is that you will be filtered out by a lot of your recipients.

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #6  

Thanks in advance;
Dennis
As Riptides suggested, look in your rules and see if there is something there that might be deleting things on you, it is under the "sweep" pull down.

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #7  
The only problem with using gmail, is that you will be filtered out by a lot of your recipients.
Which ones? I haven't had any issues with my normal contacts and with the way Craigslist works now, there isnt any way to tell who the sender actually is. I'ev had Gmail since ~2003 and like it

And Gmail is just one more hook to collect data on you in the Google database.
So, who's database should I put it into? Microsoft's? Yahoo's? Its going into someone's database no matter what email client I use. Even if I setup my own server, its going into someone's database when it goes across the internet.

Aaron Z

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #8  
Which ones? I haven't had any issues with my normal contacts and with the way Craigslist works now, there isnt any way to tell who the sender actually is. I'ev had Gmail since ~2003 and like it

Aaron Z

My work firewall for one.

/ Microsoft e-mail question? #10  
And Gmail is just one more hook to collect data on you in the Google database.

Yes, that's why I decline to use anything related to Google. To make matters worst, the Google database is synonymous with NSA database.