MF1754 Good or Bad?

/ MF1754 Good or Bad? #1  

Murphyjs123

Tractor
Massey 1754
About to purchase 17 MF1754 ,anyone have any good or bad stories about them before I buy?

/ MF1754 Good or Bad? #2  
About to purchase 17 MF1754 ,anyone have any good or bad stories about them before I buy?

I know someone that has one and really likes it, haven't heard of any problems. TractorHouse has a 2016 Cab Hydro with only 50hrs on it for 29,500. Not sure if you want the cab or not.

/ MF1754 Good or Bad?
Thanks I found the one I want locally, shuttle and cab, will be buying when I get home from work!

/ MF1754 Good or Bad? #4  
I have a 1758, it's been ok. You gotta wonder why the **** MF sells a tractor for a few years and discontinues it. Now they dropped the Mitsubishi engine for a shibaura. I had same engine in a Case/IH 55A some years back.

/ MF1754 Good or Bad? #5  
I have a 1758, it's been ok. You gotta wonder why the **** MF sells a tractor for a few years and discontinues it. Now they dropped the Mitsubishi engine for a shibaura. I had same engine in a Case/IH 55A some years back.

They did swap out some of the Mitsubishi engines for the Shibaura and from what the dealer told me it was to do away with the DPF that some people were having issues with. The dealer told me that a lot of the DPF problems were operator error but it made a huge headache for the dealers. I think it was mostly the rpm's were not being operated high enough, and people shutting the tractor off before the regen was completed.

You will still be able to get parts because they still use this engine and I don't think it will affect your resale value.

/ MF1754 Good or Bad? #7  
Did you end up getting the tractor and if so how do you like it so far?

/ MF1754 Good or Bad?
I really like it so far only put 20 hours on tractor!