MF1433 Front axle

/ MF1433 Front axle #1  

Borninabarn

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1433
First post. I have a front wheel drive splined shaft that disconnects inside the tube leaving only one rear wheel driving. Any thoughts on how to repair this? Thx

/ MF1433 Front axle #2  

Borninabarn

Welcome to TBN. 📣

I don't have an answer for you, but I'm sure that someone will be along soon with some advice.

Richard

/ MF1433 Front axle #3  
First post. I have a front wheel drive splined shaft that disconnects inside the tube leaving only one rear wheel driving. Any thoughts on how to repair this? Thx
I am very unclear sir on what you are talking about. I have two four wheel drive tractors and my front axels appear independent from the rear

/ MF1433 Front axle #4  
Are you talking about the splined driveshaft from your trans drop box to the front differential or an axle shaft inside of your front axle housing?

/ MF1433 Front axle #5  
I believe your MF shares some parts with my Mahindra 4110 (clutch disc & pressure plate) so it MAY be similar to mine in the driveshaft too. That splined shaft has a splined connector at each end that will slide back and let the shaft drop out. The shaft has a ring groove near each coupler and the snap ring holds that coupler from sliding along the shaft, thus holding it in place. You use snap ring pliers to move the ring back far enough to allow the coupler to slide (at each end) and the shaft drops down, tube and all. Those couplers can shatter or the snap ring isn't in it's groove good and allow the coupler to slide back and disengage losing drive to the front axle assy.