mf135 rear hub oil

/ mf135 rear hub oil #1  

eken

Tractor
mf135
i have a 1970 Massey Ferguson MF135 that has hubs out near the rear wheels that appear to be filled separate from the rear end. there are pipe plugs on the rear of the hub but i dont see a way to drain them. it also appears to have wet brakes when i thought it would be dry. has anyone seen this? what oil does it take? i just purchased this tractor and i am trying to do maintenance on it. any recommendations on oil for it would be appreciated

/ mf135 rear hub oil #2  
Sounds like you have a 135 Orchard Model. I think those had separate planetary gear sets on the rear hubs and used disc brakes. But I think they were dry disc and not wet...

Maybe this thread will help you confirm if this is what you have?

/ mf135 rear hub oil #3  
i have a 1970 Massey Ferguson MF135 that has hubs out near the rear wheels that appear to be filled separate from the rear end. there are pipe plugs on the rear of the hub but i dont see a way to drain them. it also appears to have wet brakes when i thought it would be dry. has anyone seen this? what oil does it take? i just purchased this tractor and i am trying to do maintenance on it. any recommendations on oil for it would be appreciated
Also, welcome to the forum!

I would strongly suggest you pick up some manuals for your new tractor, they will help answer a lot of the questions you will find you have as you start using it. You can probably find most of them at www.acgopubs.com . (Or other various internet searches...(

/ mf135 rear hub oil #4  

They probably used disc brakes and had rear hubs with independent planetary gear sets. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think they were wet discs. Hopefully, you'll be able to determine from this thread if this is indeed the case.