MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model

/ MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model #1  

Eskippathiki

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4608
Have been reading these threads and hoping for some logical paths to follow before the dealer. Was running fine, then began to stall. I would disengage pto and she would recover slowly. Shortly after, it happened again w/ pto disengaged. That was enough to prompt checking things. Found fuel filter w/ a buildup that looked similar to varnish on it. Was fairly easy to clean off w/ diesel and a toothbrush so I assumed this was my issue until I went to mow today. She stalled and died right after engaging pto to deck. It isn't a safety as it does fire and try to start. I'm getting black smoke on start attempts and a hit or two but no run. Any ideas other than a kinked fuel line, which I'm fixing to go look for now?

/ MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model #2  
How many cylinders does it have? If it's two cylinder mower running on one cylinder that could cause the symptoms you're experiencing.

/ MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model
It's an Iseki diesel 3-cyl. / My first non-gas mower. I've experienced the 1 cyl. firing w/ gasoline. This thing has about 70 hrs. on it. Short of me running over something that somehow kinked a fuel line, I'm kinda lost in diesel land.

/ MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model #4  
This is a subcompact tractor, 3 cylinder diesel.
Sounds like fuel starvation, maybe something blocking the fuel lines.
Don't clean the filter, replace it, these are not cleanable.
Should not have found anything "covering" the filter.
Fuel filter needs replacing.

Also check the air filter for blockage (mice etc.)

/ MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model #5  
Just remember, diesels need 3 things to run...Fuel, air and compression. They are simple. Most of the time it's a fuel issue.

The simplest is to go to the fuel filter, unscrew it and dump it out. Put it back on and run the fuel pump, you will hear it running without having to start it. If the filter area fills up relatively quickly, then you know the fuel is getting to the filter. Then you go down the line. Start cracking fuel lines to each injector to see if you have fuel at each piston. You should find your issue quickly.

This is a subcompact tractor, 3 cylinder diesel.
Sounds like fuel starvation, maybe something blocking the fuel lines.
Don't clean the filter, replace it, these are not cleanable.
Should not have found anything "covering" the filter.
Fuel filter needs replacing.

Also check the air filter for blockage (mice etc.)
I cleaned it as it was going to take a week to get a new one. Filters arrived yesterday. I keep hearing about gel but there was no gel in the bowl or on the filter, just a varnish looking substance that had to be tooth brushed off. I tried a diesel rinse but that did nothing to this buildup. 100% agree w/ not the correct way but it was my "get thru it" way.
I've looked further and still haven't found an obvious issue. I don't hear the tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, I heard previously when key was turned on but not all the way to start. Kinda like fuel injector pump isn't pumping or something is telling it not to?

/ MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model #7  
2022, under warranty still right? Take it to the dealer or have them come and get it. It's not the engine, those Iseki's are more bullet proof than superman.

Just remember, diesels need 3 things to run...Fuel, air and compression. They are simple. Most of the time it's a fuel issue.

The simplest is to go to the fuel filter, unscrew it and dump it out. Put it back on and run the fuel pump, you will hear it running without having to start it. If the filter area fills up relatively quickly, then you know the fuel is getting to the filter. Then you go down the line. Start cracking fuel lines to each injector to see if you have fuel at each piston. You should find your issue quickly.
Further checking today, fuel flows great from tank to filter, especially w/ the new filter. Haven't found fuel pump location but it isn't "ticking" like it use to. Removed fuel line before injector pump and there is fuel there but it really isn't flowing, just vibrating or slightly moving w/ the "ticking" which isn't consistent now. Previously when I turned the key, the ticking immediately started steady and fast. Today, 1 key turn was getting a few "ticks" but wasn't steady and sometimes absent. The next key turn sometimes changed it but it never flowed fuel before the injector pump.. I need to verify I somehow haven't pinched something near the "lift" pump but it appears it might be the culprit.
Will keep ya informed as I know there is lotsa these GC series machines out there. Thanks for the simple, quick, route to figuring this out! Not as difficult as I woulda thought.

2022, under warranty still right? Take it to the dealer or have them come and get it. It's not the engine, those Iseki's are more bullet proof than superman.
Going to make sure I haven't damaged something near fuel pump 1st. Will definitely be a dealer fix otherwise. In my 70+ hrs., I 100% agree about that engine. She has done absolutely everything I ask, and I ask a LOT! Keep the radiator clean and air flow to it open and it's an energizer bunny!

/ MF GC1723 runs, dies under load (mower) 2022 model #10  
Here are the pages out of the service manual for the fuel system.

1691707819342.png

1691707850627.png