MF 2706E

/ MF 2706E #1  

thomasd55

Tractor
MF 2706E
Have a MF 2706e that has a VERY stiff 3 pt lever. How can I reduce the tension? I have lubed all the linkage but no significant change.

/ MF 2706E #2  
While I haven't seen one in person, I would imagine it's should be very similar to most tractors these days.

Try follow the 3 pt lever all the way to where it pivots. Right there you should see a big spring compressed. This will apply pressure to the friction discs that then adjust how hard/easy the lever is. You should be able to see some way to adjust it. Either two studs with nuts or something along those lines.

/ MF 2706E #3  
While I haven't seen one in person, I would imagine it's should be very similar to most tractors these days.

Try follow the 3 pt lever all the way to where it pivots. Right there you should see a big spring compressed. This will apply pressure to the friction discs that then adjust how hard/easy the lever is. You should be able to see some way to adjust it. Either two studs with nuts or something along those lines.
Pretty much what ptsg said, but these just use two friction discs sandwiched on either side of the lift lever by washers and double nuts. Loosen off the outside nut, then the inside nut. If your lift lever moves freely, you're good to go. Just adjust your lever stiffness by snugging the inside nut back down, and lock it in place with the lock nut. You'll probably have to adjust the friction a bit higher than what feels right, otherwise the lift lever will have a tendency to lower on its own.

If your lift lever doesn't move freely with the nuts backed off, then you've got a pivot point somewhere that's seized up, and you'll have to go looking for that. With someone sitting in the seat wiggling the lever just a bit while you watch the lever linkages, you can often pick out which point the resistance to motion is coming from.