MF 205 Industrial leaking ATF at inspection plate

/ MF 205 Industrial leaking ATF at inspection plate #1  

crumrw

Tractor
1961 Massey Ferguson MF 205 Industrial
Hi all,

This is my first post. My name is Rick and I'm from NE Texas. I have an old 1961 MF 205 industrial with the insta-reverse transmission. Anyway, I was working the tractor running a disc, and then I started to lose speed. I looked under the tractor and I had a pretty steady stream of ATF fluid coming out the inspection cover under the torque converter (plate with 4 bolts). I limped it back to where I park it, and now it won't move in either direction.

I have a couple questions that I can't seem to figure out from parts diagrams or google searching...

1. Is the inspection cover supposed to be holding fluid in, or is that cavity supposed to be dry? It appears that the filler hole is right next to the plate, and it would seem that the fluid would be filling up that area.

2. I have read that there may be a leak at the seal between the pump and the converter, but on the parts diagram at agco there isn't a seal listed or shown on the pump shaft where it enters the torque converter. Does anyone know if there is a seal that I'm missing, and if so what the part number is?

3. Is there a way to fix my problem without splitting the tractor? I bought this tractor cheap ($3000) because of budget constaints, and spent the good majority of last year fixing up the front end loader at my brothers shop before taking it to the field. Now my brother no longer has the shop, so if it needs to be split it will have to be done in the field.

4. If it needs to be split, can someone give me a basic run down of what needs to be removed and the order of removal that would be best?

Thank you all in advance. I'm really struggling with this one.

Best,
Rick

/ MF 205 Industrial leaking ATF at inspection plate #2  
IMG_20160628_155948.jpg

/ MF 205 Industrial leaking ATF at inspection plate
make 1 of these and split in the field

So I guess splitting it is what needs to be done then? Can I split it without removing the fel?

Do you think it would be possible to brace the support arms of the fel with a bar across the front jack stand, and keep it attached to the front end? Then I could just detach it from the were end and slide the rear back without having to undo any hydraulic hoses.

Starting to strategize, but before I commit to splitting the tractor I need a little more clarity of some of my other questions. Just doesn't seem like there is much info out there.

/ MF 205 Industrial leaking ATF at inspection plate #9  
1. no fluid in the bellhousing
2. check on the pump in the bellhousing
4. Remove bolts throu the bottom inspecionplate to tel the torqueconvertor go back with the rest of the tractor....then you can see if the oilleak is not the R/m seal