MF 205 diesel with belly mower

/ MF 205 diesel with belly mower #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I tried to submit a new thread and my connection to internet bottomed out. Not sure this got posted and I did not see it on the recent list.

Have a 205 diesel MF and have lost one of the mower deck blades. Since I bought it used from a MF dealer now closed, but he still does work etc, we had no manual. Can not find any numbers on the deck which has 3 blades and is ?60 inches wide. Also can not find a number on remaining blade with numbers that the computer recognizes. It is a reverse cutting blade and holding bolt is a 1/2" reverse or left hand thread. Can any one out there with same machine offer any numbers so we can order a replacement part?
Thank You

/ MF 205 diesel with belly mower #2  
model of belly mower is probly #MF218. I have the same tractor model #205 that came with the mower and Im looking for a set of blades myself I havent been able to find any info on mower other than it was made @1979 same yr. as the tractor

/ MF 205 diesel with belly mower #3  
Measure the blades diagonally cutting tip to opposite cutting tip. Measure width and thickness. If the center hole is 1/2 inch look on the Oregon site for blades with same specifications and cutting direction. Here's a link to the Oregon site blades look up page: http://www.oregonchain.com/OEP/pdfs/2010_OregonBladesByLength.pdf

If you have lost the bolt it may be harder to find especially if it is metric. King Kutter uses a reverse thread and may be similar bolt. If the center hole can not be matched, but other specs are OK, see if there is Center hole adapter on the Oregon page. Here is a link to the universal blades and adapters. http://www.oregonchain.com/oep/pdfs/2010_UniversalBlades.pdf

/ MF 205 diesel with belly mower
model of belly mower is probly #MF218. I have the same tractor model #205 that came with the mower and Im looking for a set of blades myself I havent been able to find any info on mower other than it was made @1979 same yr. as the tractor
Dale: sorry for the delay but I was able to get the a set of replacement blades for my MF 205. AG CO 1SK 6435. Remember the bolts are reverse threads.
Right after i got the new blades and also about 2 months before them I got a new belt, when the head blew on MF205. I had a heck of a time finding a used one since it was a Toyosha Diesel. Then a total miracle happened as i stumbled on a used tractor parts located down the road from me in Belfountaine, Oh. His dad used to be a MF dealer and he tends to have a lot of used tractor parts for the MFs. His e-mail is Helman_arron@yahoo.com.
Hope this helps. Just got my tractor back together and mowed about 5 acres of grass. did a beautiful job.

/ MF 205 diesel with belly mower #5  
I have same tractor with a 218 belly mower # series # 2878 and serial number 000021 model #218.. hope this helps