MF 1759 Hydraulic Level

/ MF 1759 Hydraulic Level #1  

MarkGrabb

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1759
Hello All

I had the hydraulic level halfway across the circular view window. After learning how to hook up implements with the hydraulics I saw that the level went down. Now I can’t tell if I added too much hydraulic fluid or I still need to add more. Here is a photo of my window. Any insights or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.png
    IMG_0143.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
   / MF 1759 Hydraulic Level #2  
If you drive your tactor onto a slope you might be able to tell. It looks full to me but pictures can be tricky. If you don't have any sloped ground maybe drive the front or rear tires up onto something.

/ MF 1759 Hydraulic Level #3  
few drops of this helps a lot in sight glasses. someone here recommended it while back, can't remember who though.

Color Coding Dye, Red, 4 oz.​

I had to use a bit (little over an ounce) to check out suspected leak, turns out is just a seepage and I only lose a few ounces a year on top cover my gc2400.

/ MF 1759 Hydraulic Level
few drops of this helps a lot in sight glasses. someone here recommended it while back, can't remember who though.

Color Coding Dye, Red, 4 oz.​

I had to use a bit (little over an ounce) to check out suspected leak, turns out is just a seepage and I only lose a few ounces a year on top cover my gc2400.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpeg
    IMG_0158.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
I added a little dye (the same dye you referenced). It looks like the hydraulic fluid level is above the site glass. Should I drain some hydraulic fluid. The tractor has been running and operating fine and it can’t have that much more than for the level to be visible in the glass.

/ MF 1759 Hydraulic Level #6  
not sure on that model

not sure on that model
Thanks Dmacleo... now that I can see the red (from your suggestion) - I can drive it on a slope like thclimer mentioned and I should get a sense for how full it is.

If you drive your tactor onto a slope you might be able to tell. It looks full to me but pictures can be tricky. If you don't have any sloped ground maybe drive the front or rear tires up onto something.
I have the red dye in... now it is time to drive it on a slope... thanks for the idea!

not sure on that model
I have the red dye in... now it is time to drive it on a slope... thanks for the idea!
Hello thclimer

I forget to mention (and thank you) - driving the tractor on the slope was a great way to find my hydraulic oil level in the window. I was just a tad over… so I pulled the plug in and out as quick as I could and caught the oil in the catch-pan. Now the level is in the middle of the window. Many thanks.

/ MF 1759 Hydraulic Level #10  
Hello thclimer

I forget to mention (and thank you) - driving the tractor on the slope was a great way to find my hydraulic oil level in the window. I was just a tad over… so I pulled the plug in and out as quick as I could and caught the oil in the catch-pan. Now the level is in the middle of the window. Many thanks.
Glad to hear it worked out for you!