MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #21  
6 speedgearbox you can remove the inputgearassembly without removing te gearbox from the tractor but the 8 speed you need to remove the box....meening you have to split at 2 places

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #22  
6 speedgearbox you can remove the inputgearassembly without removing te gearbox from the tractor but the 8 speed you need to remove the box....meening you have to split at 2 places

Yes, I put new bearings in a 6speed Ferguson "Copperbelly" belonging to a good friend of mine. That's the only MF gearbox I've ever worked on - what a bullet-proof unit that is! :thumbsup:No wonder they never wear out anything other than the odd bearing, and that's usually only because of watery oil. :mad:

You are correct - there is a seal between the hollow shaft which drives the PTO, and the solid shaft which drives the gearbox. This seal sometimes is overlooked and not renewed - in this case only the outer seal in the casing appeared at some stage to have been renewed. Each shaft has a clutch plate splined to it. Not many people realise there is a seal there between them, and oil would be thrown onto both clutch plates when it leaks. Without some serious-calibre snap-ring pliers, a press and other equipment dismantling and reassembling the gearbox in general, and the input shaft assembly in particular, was indeed a mission. :eek: The main difficulty was contending with several huge and brutally-strong snap rings, but otherwise it was quite a straight-forward and easy job. I do admire the engineers who designed it - particularly their twin-input shaft design and their removable input shaft assembly. :thumbsup: For a 35HP engine's output, everything in this gearbox is nothing short of huge, with several high-load bearings and an additional couple of standard ones - all 62-series standard-sized bearings. The seven bearings and two seals I put in that gearbox cost me less than A$100. :laughing: I also love the simplicity in their design of the low range reduction gear-set, and also the way they send the PTO shaft through the hollow gearbox countershaft.

Removing the clutch on that loader would've been a mission for you as well with the framing to contend with - I can speak from experience because I well remember removing the engine from mine to overhaul it! :grumpy: All quite straight-forward stuff ... just heavy work to be doing by myself and not even on concrete. I lifted the front axle and then the engine off with our 135 and MF crane attachment - was very helpful!

Onward and upward! :drink:

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working
Hello, I unlocked the clutch cover and the 3 screws look like the attached pictures. From what I realize I am not how it should. In the pictures put by our colleague between the clutch disc has a bit of space to me is stuck. Can you tell me if it can be adjusted? And if so then how?
20171022_104449.jpg20171022_103716.jpg20171022_104443.jpg20171022_104211.jpg20171022_104351.jpg

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #24  
to me it looks like your pto plate needs replacing

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #26  
between bolthead and plate an adjustment of 0.060"

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #28  
That gap indicats pto plate that is left to work...if gap is small ...split tractor and recon clutch