MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #1  

akilla

Tractor
massey ferguson 135
Hello,

Can you tell me why the power take-off loses its speed at a Massey Ferguson 135?

We have hauled a mowing machine today and by 400 meters more than 250-300 meters it slows down as though it had no power after a certain distance, it returned to power and speed, and so on.

What would be the cause? I mention that the engine works in parameters does not suffer any change when the power take-off loses its speed and the power also in the idle it can be seen that it does not reach the necessary speed, the same is done with a rotary mower. When I plug the power take-off after raising the foot from the clutch it starts to spin with quite a lot of delay.

Please help me with advice or what cause would it be and what could I do to fix the problem?

Dan :confused:

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #2  
Bad PTO clutch?

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #3  
clutchadjustment inside....remove bottomplate and check

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #4  
Yes, that's my first thought as well - a slipping clutch second-stage plate ..... presuming your tractor has a Live PTO and not an independent PTO. As DLTTrekkers stated, it may drive satisfactorily after the second-stage release pin heights are adjusted. This can be done through the access opening under the bell-housing, however it is a rather involved procedure which needs to be done correctly in order for the clutch to work properly. There will be quite a few members who could explain the sequence of steps better than I could. :)

Live PTO is recognised by being used in conjunction with a two-stage clutch (a "double-barrel" clutch) where you need more weight to press the pedal because you are pushing an additional pressure plate spring. In MF tractors, the 3PL hydraulic pump also stops because it is driven by the same shaft (and clutch plate) as the PTO. I have never seen an MF with an independent PTO, but a lot of US-spec tractors had them.

Please keep us all updated so we can help you further if needed. :thumbsup:

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #5  
What you can see 20171016_134515.jpg

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #7  
loosen locknut an adj play at bolthead to 60"

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #9  
If at arrow is no space pto plate have done its job.....replace !

/ MF 135. The power outlet problem has no power and does not reach the required working #10  

Thank you for replying so quickly - I learnt something too! :thumbsup:

As I understand it, .060" where the arrow is - between the cover and the pressure plate tab? Or between the tab and the head of the bolt?
Thanks again! :drink: