Price Check MF 135 Price?

/ MF 135 Price? #1  

GoneFishin2Day

A little old lady down the road from me has a MF 135 sitting in her garage and mentioned she might be selling it. I want to offer her a reasonable amount for it and the attachments... brush hog, plow, back blade, and snowblower. Not sure were to begin. It has been used but in good condition... This is my first venture ever looking at tractors so what do I know about condition! Says it has 466 Hours and Power Steering. Engine is gas and thats all I know. Some hoses are cracked, rubber is good and the tractor has not been serviced in a while. I've heard ranges from 2500 to 5000 for the tractor alone.

Anyone have any ideas of what a fair offer would be? Tractor is in upstate NY. Any info would be helpful.

/ MF 135 Price? #2  
A friend of mine bought a MF 135 for $2000. I was in good shape as far as the metal but it smokes. Where are you located? Look at my post in the Vintage tractors asking about the 135.

Good luck

Hugh Sammons
Cola SC

/ MF 135 Price? #3  
It should be a good buy for $5000 with all the stuff, provided it all works.
What gas engine does it have, there are two: one is a 3-cyl Continental Z-134, the other is a 4-cyl Continetal Z-145. The Z-145 is a more powerful engine that handles a 6' bushhog very well. The Z-134 is a little smaller in the HP dept. but will still handle a 6' mower ok. There's about a 5 hp difference in the two.
What to look for, if it sounds good while running then it is probably ok. As far as hoses, easy to replace on them, parts are realtively easy to find and the price of $5000 if it runs well is great.