MF 135 power steering shower chapter 2

/ MF 135 power steering shower chapter 2 #1  

Dirtleg

Well most of you probably saw my other thread on this subject. I hope I'm not muddying things up with this one but it seems my issues might be outside of the scope of the other thread.

After really looking things over I have determined that I am getting a pressure spike in valve spool assembly of the steering system. My feelings are that one or more of the check ball plunger assemblies is bad. I do not know exactly how the system works but feel that these are the only other things in the spool assembly that could allow excessive pressure to hit the steering shaft seal. I should mention that the power steering works perfectly right up until the seal fails. There is no roughness or signs of deterioration in it's operation.

A previous owner has replaced the right side steering cylinder with a slightly different one and I am thinking that perhaps there is a difference in volume between the two and that's causing fluid to back up when turning one way.

The local Massey dealer told me they had a couple of great mechanics that could fix it no problem but that they were not inclined to say what the problem could be. Hmmm. I am not willing to make the 50+ mile each way trip towing the tractor if it's something I can fix myself.

So does anyone here have any experience with the valve spool assembly? If so what are your opinions?

Thanks for listening.