Metal Roof Question

/ Metal Roof Question #131  
I think you can use the cpvc for pressure water? NOt sure i know in my county youcan use it for water. I live in the town limits and there are no permits or building codes that are enforced.

Can you go from CU to pex, i imagine there is a way just a sweated joint then a pex connector. I am redoing a bath. All the lines are moving and this would eliminate all the joints i would have to make i just started thinking about this?

I'm sure there is an adaptor, like you mentioned, maybe not even a sweat fitting, they all kinds of compression fittings now.

JB

/ Metal Roof Question #132  
I think you can use the cpvc for pressure water? NOt sure i know in my county youcan use it for water. I live in the town limits and there are no permits or building codes that are enforced.

Can you go from CU to pex, i imagine there is a way just a sweated joint then a pex connector. I am redoing a bath. All the lines are moving and this would eliminate all the joints i would have to make i just started thinking about this?

Here ya go!

PEX Fittings, Plumbing Supplies, Quick Connect - SharkBite®

Just used those on a water heater that I installed at my mom's and dads. Worked great!

BTW: To the original poster.... I would pay the guy the $2,000 if he's got good references. I think I read somewhere in there that he's going to do some reflashing too!

Chris

/ Metal Roof Question #133  
I have seen the pex tubing in homes but never pvc for pressurized potable water. Don't know if code doesn't allow around here.

One huge old house, they re-plumbed the entire house with pex and one thing I liked about it was there is a main distribution manifold with shut offs for each branch, reminded me of an electric panel where you could turn off any circuit from one place.

I think I heard they have some type of protective feature where if a line burst, some kind of valve is actuated to stop the flow. Similar to a propane regulator, senses full flow and stops it. I'm not positive about this, but I think that's what I heard, it would be a good idea.

JB

The problem with the manifold type set up is the wating for hot water on the long runs. It looks good though.

/ Metal Roof Question #134  
Price seemed high to me too but getting anyone who knows what they're about is becoming prohibitively costly any more. I will keep looking around. Also the comment to be sure to use larger and longer screws makes perfect sense.

If anyone has any other information or tips I'll sure be glad to hear them.

That is a $1000 job including the screws - 1 guy, 1 day. You're $2k quote is high.

JayC

/ Metal Roof Question #135  
That is a $1000 job including the screws - 1 guy, 1 day. You're $2k quote is high.

JayC

Makes me wonder how many roofs you've worked on if you think you can removed and replace the screws on a 3,000 sq ft roof in one day?

Eddie

/ Metal Roof Question #136  
Makes me wonder how many roofs you've worked on if you think you can removed and replace the screws on a 3,000 sq ft roof in one day?

Eddie

He may be right. Depending on the pitch and the previous installation it very well could be done in a day by one man. If it is a walkable roof and not heavily screwed, I think an experienced guy could do it in a day.

Edit: I just went back and read the original post, details I had forgotten. I doubt that on a 12/12 one person is going to get that done in a day. :D