McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Tried them both and personally, I like the McNaught coupler better. No lever to deal with and the barrel of the tool is a smaller diameter (just like a standard grease coupler) so it couples to recessed grease fittings whereas the LNL coupler won't.

Kind of the same principle minus the lever.

Anyone else use the McNaught?

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #2  
In case anyone tries to Google McNaught, it won't work. The name is Macnaught. I have a L&L on my Lincoln electric gun and I love it. It only requires one finger to operate while maintaining a full linear grip on the hose.

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #3  
Macnaught not Mcnaught.

Hopefully our Irish and Scottish kin don’t get too upset .

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler
Sorry, I'm Polish...... :p

Reason I got it was I have a lot of recessed fittings that require a small diameter coupler barrel.

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #5  
Anyone else use the McNaught?
The problem with McNaught is their insularity.
I never heard of them until just now.
Most of us get really lousy couplers on the guns we buy - even the premium guns. So we cast about for a better option and online we all see rave reviews for lock n lube and almost no one (it seems) has ever heard of McNaught outside the of the trades.

It's too bad really that they have such poor outreach

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #6  
One could guess that this is their attempt at exclusivity. They don't want to sell to just anyone, so to keep their sales to case lots where the profit margins are more glossy.

Mine works as advertised, been using it a lot. My only complaint is, when in a tight spot, the release fingers get in the way and some of my fitting are in tight spots. The enclosed instructions are vague. The way to use it is make sure the release is fully engaged, put it on the fitting and grease with no leakage. Pull the release fingers back and remove and once removed allow the release fingers to return to the lock position. Easy peasy. I like it a lot as it don't leak any grease at all.

I use mine on a Plews lever gun with a flex hose and I run a clear polycarbonate barrel(s) on my grease guns and bulk load them. That way I can always see how much grease is left in the grease gun.

/ McNaught vs Lock N Lube Coupler #9  
I have a KY+ XL unit on a lever-operated grease gun.
Macnaught is an Australian company and has been making lube equipment since 1948.
They are well known on both sides of the Tasman Sea and have a good reputation for quality.

Not at all fond of 'electric grease guns'. for one, they only work with cartridge grease and I find grease cartridges to be messy and, the CV joints on my equipment require a specified amount of grease. Too much and you blow the seals out, too little and the joint fails. All of my CV joints specify a certain number of pumps of a standard lever gun so that is what I use. I bulk load all my lever guns from a 150 pound open head pail of grease, have for years now.