Comparison McCormick GX50H

/ McCormick GX50H #1  

lb-farmboy

Tractor
Valtra 800 and Valtra 900
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am interested in purchasing the above mentioned tractor, it is a 2003 model open platform with 246 actual hours, used very little and in good shape and has a Koyker 155 quick attach loader on it. The owner of this tractor wants $13,500 which I feel is a good price, I know it has a Yanmar diesel which is a really good engine. Does anyone know anything else about the tractor.....they seem to be well built, I am just not familiar with them, can someone shed some light on this machine as compared to other name brand tractors?? Also how about any specs.....does anyone know where I can get accurate specs??

Last edited:
   / McCormick GX50H #2  
The GX50 as sold under the McCormick name is a Landini Mistral America. The Landini Mistral series is still sold in Italy. I had a GX50 with a cab and 12x12 transmission and really only had minor issues with it over 700 hours. The person I sold it to loves it and there are times I wish i still had it. It's a compact chassis with a lot of power. The Yanmar 3TNV is a very fuel efficient tractor and overall the tractor is quite well built. Other than the engine it is made entirely in Italy.

http://mccormickusa.com/home/index.php/products/landini/mistral-series/

is a link to the current version of the tractor that they are selling in the US right now.

Enjoy it....

/ McCormick GX50H
Thanks CharleyFarmall for the good and comforting advice. Now I do not feel so misinformed as I was before.......sounds like you really liked your old gx50, they do look like they are well built, and of course we know that Yanmar is a premium diesel. My other concern was ergonomics, you know how the controls were laid out. Any tractor that you operate has to have controls at a functional location for you to feel comfortable when operating it. It just makes the machine more likeable!!!

/ McCormick GX50H #4  
I like the layout of the controls and the way the tractor worked and have no complaints. I liked the cab too although it doesn't have a lot of room in it. It was fine for me at 5'11" and 170 pounds and it worked well for my wife who is much smaller. It was the only tractor she could reach the clutch on safely! If it wasn't for the power reverser on my New Holland she couldn't really use it.