McCormick FC-21 Fast Hitch Mower Cutting Hay

/ McCormick FC-21 Fast Hitch Mower Cutting Hay #2  
Looks like you've got that mower adjusted and set up to do a pretty slick job. Much better than I was able to do when I tried one.

Lock up all the dogs when you're mowing. When I was a kid, sickle bar mowers were the only thing anyone had for mowing hay. There were 3-legged dogs everywhere in the county. They were common. The poor dogs can't see or hear the sickle bar coming at them when they run along side the tractor.

Neat video! Thanks.

/ McCormick FC-21 Fast Hitch Mower Cutting Hay #3  
Started out that way myself but kept upgrading and now run a NH disc bine with a Kuhn rotary master drive 3 point rake and a NH 450 utility net twine bailer soon to be replaced with a Kubota Premium surface wrap bailer (if it ever shows up that is). Used to do small squares with a NH 575 that I bought new because used square bailers can and will run erratically but sold that a few weeks ago so just rounds now. All we do is cattle and bulls so small squares aren't a viable option. Too much manual labor anyway.

Still have my 2 basket tedder in the barn but with the Masterdrive rotary (or any rotary for that matter, a tedder and that extra pass / work is not needed. Rotary rakes 'fluff' up a windrow and let the air pass through and speeds dry down versus the old style bar rake which I refer to as a 'roper rake'. They rope the forage into a tight windrow and the air cannot move through them so dry down takes a lot longer and you always have the weather to contend with.

Nice thing about a disc machine and wood chuck holes is, the disc machine is uneffected. Same with small rocks, goes right over them but then there is the cost factor involved as well as the power requirements which necessitate a fairly large tractor.

I sell all the hay I make (75 acres) except what I use. fields get sprayed for broadleaf yearly and fertilized with 46 granulated prills every fall and mine are mostly alfalfa / Brohme grass.