McCormick baler model 46 bill hooks, need

/ McCormick baler model 46 bill hooks, need #2  
Any chance you can use a Deere, New Holland, Ford, or International billhook? There all use the Deering knotter mechanism parts, so they are often universally interchangeable (or can easily be converted). Send a picture if you can with a ruler parked along the side (if you have one out). Here's a JD billhook with the jaw fully opened. Not sure what you are referring to as a "trigger".

/ McCormick baler model 46 bill hooks, need #3  
I have an old #37 and have gotten parts from IH/Case. Another source is Paynsville Tractor. They have a baler salvage yard and will UPS about anything. I have put a lot of used parts on my machine, 800-445-0061

Dan

/ McCormick baler model 46 bill hooks, need #4  
Any chance you can use a Deere, New Holland, Ford, or International billhook? There all use the Deering knotter mechanism parts, so they are often universally interchangeable (or can easily be converted). Send a picture if you can with a ruler parked along the side (if you have one out). Here's a JD billhook with the jaw fully opened. Not sure what you are referring to as a "trigger".

How many NH or Deere billhooks have you seen that are 7" long?

/ McCormick baler model 46 bill hooks, need #5  
Well..., I think I found what you are looking for. I googled the part # from Case/IH what on their parts page is called a "hook".

Make sure you are setting down, before you open the link...

204793C91 Case HOOK

It may very well be worth it though, if the rest of the baler is in good shape...

If your done baling for the year, you may try searching the part # on ebay. You never know... I found a brand new set for my 14-T JD baler, and got both, for what one new one costs from the dealer.

Also try TractorHouse. You can do a parts search on there. Many new, and used parts dealers there. I found a almost new drive sprocket for my IH 990 MoCo, for less than $100.00. The new price at the link listed above will let you know if it is a good deal or not...