Mayo on corn on the cob

/ Mayo on corn on the cob
I always grill my corn. I clean the corn, then soak in water 30 minutes. The I slather with butter and whatever spices we like and wrap individually in foil. Grill about 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. I guess you could use Mayo or olive oil instead of butter. Much better than boiling out the flavor in water.
I am talking about mayonnaise. I shuck and clean mine and boil for 10 minutes. Then when we start eating I put the mayo on. I like it with butter as well and grilled is good to but my go to is the mayo after boiling.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob
Sorry, but the thought makes me cringe. Im a butter and salt guy.
My wife is the same way. Our first year of marriage, after picking corn she could not believe I was putting mayonnaise on it. Gave me a weird look. LOL

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #13  
If i saw someone put mayo on corn…..id be on the lookout for the men with the white coats with straps 🐸

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #14  
All the mexicans around here really pour the mayo to their corn on the cob...

They tell me, that's it's how it's done in Mexico.

SR

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #15  
I had a girlfriend once that was the bestest cook. Even if it was pig tail soup. She put mayonnaise and salt and pepper on corn. It was a good thing.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #16  
Try Mexican grilled corn. It might make a believer out of you.

I eat corn many ways, including as a grilled corn and poblano with avocado salad. Google some of the recipes. You might find your new favorite recipe for corn. As much as I like traditional steamed or boiled corn on the cob, some of the other recipes go better with certain dishes or are just nice to have for a change. I will say, I do like chili powder on my corn, regardless of how I prepare it.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #17  
I used to eat mayo on corn as a kid. Everyone thought I was nuts. Is there a club, special handshake?

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #18  
My favorite sweet corn is torn off the stalk, warmed by the sun. Tear off the husks and eat, often before leaving the field.
I did that when I was a kid.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #19  
Nowadays I see kids just dip cobs into ranch like they were pizza slices, wiping the bowl with a finger between top-ups or dipping one when "I'm full" and licking it off. btw, just don't do that on a date, gals won't always appreciate the need to be thorough.

I'll stick with smothering cobs in ambient light once served. Corn has a flavor I like. Well, so do veggies, taters, meat, etc. Bet I save a few hun/year on sauces, dips, and condiments I wouldn't use, not to mention napkins and chapstick. :sneaky:

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #20  
We cook ours on the grill husked and basted with Italian dressing. Delicious.

Jeff