Mayfield/West KY/West TN bad weather again.

/ Mayfield/West KY/West TN bad weather again. #2  
Lets hope it isn't near as bad, I'm about 60-80 miles north of that and I don't want to deal with it here and certainly don't want it for you all down there.

/ Mayfield/West KY/West TN bad weather again. #3  
We made it through but it was stressful on the animals and humans at our house.

Monday the wife's now 3 year old half Arabian/quarter horse was delivered by her niece who cared for and trained her.

The filly was born into a bad environment contributing to her mother's death and I was certain the filly's death would be soon so I said yes because the wife was involved physically and emotionally.

She was bottle feeding the filly running with our minis and all was well until 21 June 2019. The wife was cleaning the lot when this filly got too close to young Mini baby and that mare reacted so this 5-6 month old filly ran to my wife for cover and accidentally knocked my wife down breaking her hip.

For months we have been working on a new run-in, fencing etc since the daughter in law has always wanted a horse and the son committed to help get a place set up in his free time.

Wednesday night one if the new gate latches failed. Someone knocked on the door but was gone before I got my pants on. After I got awake and saw the wind and rain I got out and drove in each direction and came back and parked. Then the dog went crazy and the mare and her year old stable mate came up the road and passed by the house. I followed them up to a neighbors that has a horse but could not get their attention and had no lead.

The wife walked to the place I saw them while I was driving the roads in four directions. We saw nothing.

Finally I gave up and prayed so the meditation could get my mind in receiving mode. I went left at the intersection a short ways and turned around where I would have gotten stuck but thankfully I was in the Subaru.

Just before I got back to the intersection I got a glance of them turning left. That road is narrow crossing a swamp but I got ahead of them and got out hoping to stopping them but no dice. Instead crossing a long bridge they turned left into a dead end turn around.

I stopped on the bridge and got out with a lead the wife had thrown in the car. I called the mare and started walking towards her and she came to me. I got the lead through her halter and held each end and called the wife to get the daughter to drive her to where I was.

Sassy was calming down and once the wife got the lead on her and was talking and petting her she calmly followed her home with the mini following Sassy.

The horses went to grazing. The wife put out more grain and we rechained both gates at the barn then we checked out the three other gates for future horse lots.

Hopefully that never happens again. Moving yesterday and today reminds us about Wednesday night.