Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Maybe the tide is turning? #1  

Little Red Tractor

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 2301
Remember, I said maybe...
I live just a bit north and west of New York's Capital Region. This morning, driving along one state highway, I passed three dealers of compact tractors. I saw a few Yanmars at the smallest of the dealerships; there was a pretty good selection of LS on one lot that's a bit larger of a business; and at the largest of the three was a pretty good bunch of Kiotis and New Hollands. This shop also had a fair number of used--other brands--in their lot, though I don't know if they were for sale or in for work...though I'm guessing they were on sale.
Later this week I'll be taking a run by a couple other dealers and will see what's going on there.

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #2  
The local NTX JD dealer moved north on 75 a few months ago and the new place which looks to be a lot larger has been full of JD tractors of all sizes and lots of equipment as well.

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #3  
The local Massey dealer usually had about 20 new tractors on the lot. Right now it's about 12. The local LS dealer usually had about eight new tractors, right now it's the same 73hp tractor that's been sitting there for a year. That's it.

The nearest Kubota dealer usually had 20 or so machines and for the last six or eight months I've seen no more than two on the lot at any given time.

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #4  
I haven't been to town in 2 weeks because I have Covid again, but before I got sick, the Kubota dealer had one little tractor for awhile, then there was a second one. Case might of had ten tractors on their lot, but it might of been less. I also drive by John Deere construction and a New Holland/Link Belt construction equipment yard with only a few pieces of equipment out there. Here in East Texas, nobody seems to have anything to chose from. Toyota seems to be the hardest hit, but every car dealership has spread out what they have to fill up their lots, but they are still very empty.

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #5  
I wonder how many of those tractors on the lots are for sale and how many were sold months ago. 😏

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #6  
Curious also, probably posted elsewhere. How many time have you had it, how serious was each?

Thanks, hate to ask, but, real data is either impossible to get, or slanted to make a point.

Best,

ed
We both had it during Christmas of 2019. She lost her sense of smell and taste, but otherwise, wasn't very sick. I ran a fever at first and I had an increase in smell. Some things where so strong smelling that it made me nauseous. Laundry detergent was the worse!!! Breathing was labored, but neither of us ever got below 92%. Mostly we just slept for 3 weeks. I went back to the job I was doing for a client on week 4 and over did it, but finished that job. I took the next week off to rest, then went back to work at a slower pace.

This time is totally different. No fever, no loss of smell or taste, no increase in smell, and no breathing issues. We went to a clinic that specializes in Covid and we both tested positive. The test was different. Instead of the bottle brush way up my nose, they used swabs. One went up a little too far into one nostril for 20 seconds. That burned!! The other went in and out of my other nostril, and a third went back to my tonsils. They had the test results in an hour. While waiting for the results, the put us on an IV and loaded us up with meds and vitamins. We where also given a variety of pills. I just take what I'm given. My wife has a PhD in nursing with 30 years experience as an RN. If she says to take it, I take it!!!

Half of the staff was not wearing a mask. Most of those with a mask, wore it with their noses open. Nobody ***** anything that actually stops covid. When I was tested the first time, over a year ago, it was like something out of a sci fi movie. Full face shield taped to a plastic outer layer of clothing. Gloves taped to the sleeves. and a filter to breath through on their hip.

One of the nurses that we talked to said that she has the record there with having covid 4 times. Some of the others have had it 3 times. They are all fully vaccinated with 3 shots. She said that it helped at first, but now it's worthless.

My dad just got covid last week. We have not had any contact with him or my mom. We think he got it going to the doctor. The both go to the doctors every week for something. Both of my parents have had 3 shots. Mom is still fine, and dad is doing a lot better. He went to a different place for treatment because he has Medicare.

My wife and I have Blue Cross through the state of Texas. It's a lot better then Medicare, and most other insurances. Government Plans are the very best that you can get, but you have to be part of the government in some way to get it. My wife works for the University of Texas, which is how we are able to get it. When she worked at the hospital, it was a totally different plan that she had. Healthcare is not equal. Our treatment was better then what my Dad got. It also cost us nothing, but my Dad had to pay to get seen, and then pay for his meds. I'm not sure how much he paid, but my wife and I did not pay for anything under her plan, at a resort type of Emergency Room. All snacks where included, from chips and fresh cookies, to sandwiches catered from a restaurant next door. It was very nice!!!

Today is the 2 week point of testing positive. We went in the day after our first symptoms appeared. I've been able to do more things around the house every day, but I'm also pacing myself so I don't over do it. I do not normally takes breaks during the day, but I have been resting about every hour, for a little bit, before doing anything else. In the last week, I finished cleaning out my storage area and putting everything into my new storage shed, or taking it to the burn pile. It hasn't been a total waste of time, but it has take a lot longer than normal. My goal is to go back to work tomorrow, but only work half the day. I will decide how I feel after that, and go from there. Karen has been working from home the entire time. Zoom meetings don't care if you are sick, and she is dealing with nurses all day long, so they understand.

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #7  
We both had it during Christmas of 2019. She lost her sense of smell and taste, but otherwise, wasn't very sick. I ran a fever at first and I had an increase in smell. Some things where so strong smelling that it made me nauseous. Laundry detergent was the worse!!! Breathing was labored, but neither of us ever got below 92%. Mostly we just slept for 3 weeks. I went back to the job I was doing for a client on week 4 and over did it, but finished that job. I took the next week off to rest, then went back to work at a slower pace.

This time is totally different. No fever, no loss of smell or taste, no increase in smell, and no breathing issues. We went to a clinic that specializes in Covid and we both tested positive. The test was different. Instead of the bottle brush way up my nose, they used swabs. One went up a little too far into one nostril for 20 seconds. That burned!! The other went in and out of my other nostril, and a third went back to my tonsils. They had the test results in an hour. While waiting for the results, the put us on an IV and loaded us up with meds and vitamins. We where also given a variety of pills. I just take what I'm given. My wife has a PhD in nursing with 30 years experience as an RN. If she says to take it, I take it!!!

Half of the staff was not wearing a mask. Most of those with a mask, wore it with their noses open. Nobody ***** anything that actually stops covid. When I was tested the first time, over a year ago, it was like something out of a sci fi movie. Full face shield taped to a plastic outer layer of clothing. Gloves taped to the sleeves. and a filter to breath through on their hip.

One of the nurses that we talked to said that she has the record there with having covid 4 times. Some of the others have had it 3 times. They are all fully vaccinated with 3 shots. She said that it helped at first, but now it's worthless.

My dad just got covid last week. We have not had any contact with him or my mom. We think he got it going to the doctor. The both go to the doctors every week for something. Both of my parents have had 3 shots. Mom is still fine, and dad is doing a lot better. He went to a different place for treatment because he has Medicare.

My wife and I have Blue Cross through the state of Texas. It's a lot better then Medicare, and most other insurances. Government Plans are the very best that you can get, but you have to be part of the government in some way to get it. My wife works for the University of Texas, which is how we are able to get it. When she worked at the hospital, it was a totally different plan that she had. Healthcare is not equal. Our treatment was better then what my Dad got. It also cost us nothing, but my Dad had to pay to get seen, and then pay for his meds. I'm not sure how much he paid, but my wife and I did not pay for anything under her plan, at a resort type of Emergency Room. All snacks where included, from chips and fresh cookies, to sandwiches catered from a restaurant next door. It was very nice!!!

Today is the 2 week point of testing positive. We went in the day after our first symptoms appeared. I've been able to do more things around the house every day, but I'm also pacing myself so I don't over do it. I do not normally takes breaks during the day, but I have been resting about every hour, for a little bit, before doing anything else. In the last week, I finished cleaning out my storage area and putting everything into my new storage shed, or taking it to the burn pile. It hasn't been a total waste of time, but it has take a lot longer than normal. My goal is to go back to work tomorrow, but only work half the day. I will decide how I feel after that, and go from there. Karen has been working from home the entire time. Zoom meetings don't care if you are sick, and she is dealing with nurses all day long, so they understand.
Thank you for sharing, and the detail, I appreciate it:) Last dumb question, you mentioned second time was different. Why did you get tested, what were your symptoms on go number 2?

Above all, glad you are well/getting well, hopefully you won't win the lottery and get the damn thing again.

best,

ed

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #8  
Just getting over Covid for my second time too. Was like a bad flu for me, just like the first time but did not lose my sense of taste and smell this time. Vax'ed but not boosted.

OP - My dealer always has a good stock of tractors, and took a dip in the stock on the lot, but also seems to be replenishing. I'm afraid this last Omicron hit in January has not yet shown its affect in the markets yet. I think we will see shortages again in the next month.

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #9  
Both my wife and I woke up that morning with cold like symptoms. She was a little warm, but it wasn't a fever. Scratchy throats, mild headache along with being light headed. My knees hurt, which is always a sign to me that I'm getting sick.

From what we have heard about Covid, the sooner you get treatment, the easier it will be for you. Unfortunately, Texas is no longer able to get Monocular Antibodies. They did have it for most of last year, and it was working for everyone who got it if they went in early. Then a month or so ago, the government stopped shipping it here. I heard that other states are also not allowed to get it anymore. Now they are treating people with z packs, vitamins, steroids, and a few other medicines.

Friends who got the Monocular Antibodies where back to work in a few days. Since we did not get that treatment, it means we are sick for 2 weeks.

When we got Covid the first time, we did not get any medicine then either. Our doctor said that all we could do is wait it out and monitor our oxygen levels. If we got below 90%, then we need to go to the Emergency Room for treatment.

/ Maybe the tide is turning? #10  
Please take COVID discussions to TNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.