Oil & Fuel Maybe a silly question but....

/ Maybe a silly question but....
Thanks very much all. As a I said, probably a silly question, but details are important. Thanks again, stay safe!

/ Maybe a silly question but.... #12  
I'll keep it simple, can off-road diesel be used in RK tractors without problem? I see no reason to pay for the on-road diesel for my tractor, unless it is a requirement for warranty or whatever. I have looked in various literature, no success. I'm probably making Mt. Everest out of a small mole hill, but....Thanks,
2500 hours on my NH and approaching 100 hours on my RK55 mostly with off-road diesel. Over the years, I have occasionally used on-road diesel when it was cheaper. Believe it or not, I unnecessarily was worried that the on-road stuff was gonna cause more harm without the red dye...silly me...

/ Maybe a silly question but.... #13  
Not sure about other states. Here in Indiana, you can file for fuel tax refund with the state Dept of Revenue. Just have to keep your receipts. There are a few place near me that sell off road diesel, but it is the same price as going to regular fuel station and probably old fuel.

/ Maybe a silly question but.... #14  
Should be no problem. HOWEVER, the only time I ever bought off road, I ended up with a wax separation issue. Wax globs precipitated out and partly plugged the outlet of the diesel tank. Exxon actually took it back.

I was buying onroad because I wanted to be able to top off our diesel car with it. Don't have a diesel car now, but still buying onroad.

Ralph

/ Maybe a silly question but.... #15  
Every state may be different, but in Indiana, if you buy regular road fuel for your tractor, keep your receipt, you can file for a tax refund. In my area, I can get road diesel cheaper and then get a refund of the road tax. I don't use enough to justify getting a 100 gallon or bigger tank to have it delivered cheaply.

/ Maybe a silly question but.... #16  
Every state may be different, but in Indiana, if you buy regular road fuel for your tractor, keep your receipt, you can file for a tax refund. In my area, I can get road diesel cheaper and then get a refund of the road tax. I don't use enough to justify getting a 100 gallon or bigger tank to have it delivered cheaply.

FYI, I just pumped 106 gallons of off-road #2 diesel for $172. My local pumps are usually pretty close to $3/gal. This is central Indiana.

/ Maybe a silly question but.... #17  
FYI, I just pumped 106 gallons of off-road #2 diesel for $172. My local pumps are usually pretty close to $3/gal. This is central Indiana.

I wish. Two stations by me with off road are just as much as the local fuel stations.