Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #101  
plus it most likely is going to be expensive to start with.
Oh yeah baby. My niece's work sells at $50,000 - $75,000 a pop she has an agent in Chicago and another in Europe. She does sold-out solo shows in Berlin, NY, LA, I think there's a Paris show coming up. Her work was maybe fetching 5 Grand just a few years ago, but now she's raking it in and can't keep up with demand. Her work is sold sight unseen to the hollywood glitteratti and superwealthy who buy it knowing it will be worth a lot more in a few years.
It kills me, she's not even 35 and she's making more money than I ever did.

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #102  
Wow...she must be some artist.
Maybe show some of her work...love to see it.
The average working person out here couldn't imagine paying $50K up for art though, even if it is a good investment.
For 99% of the population they'd be better off going to yard sales, Goodwill stores or checking craigslist with a keen eye looking for bargains.
The average person would be happy making a quick few $hundred.

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #103  
Maybe show some of her work...love to see it.
I NEVER post personally-identifying material on the internet. I never use my name I never post images of family I don't trust the internet.
My internet moniker is Raul McCai.
McCai is from Jori X McCai who was a government saboteur working for the government whose job it was to sabotage the government to keep it f from becoming too powerful A damn good idea if you ask me It was Frank Herbert's Character.
Raul is the first name of the Sentient Monkey in one of Clive Barker's novels "Imagica" I believe

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #104  
Now I'm confused.
Art is a good investment yet a successful artist's work cannot be seen? I always assumed art would be sold either by the artist who has a website or through a gallery or other third party website.

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #105  
Now I'm confused.
Art is a good investment yet a successful artist's work cannot be seen? I always assumed art would be sold either by the artist who has a website or through a gallery or other third party website.
With the internet of all things, many still prefer to protect their privacy. Not so much with the younger crowd on FB or Tweeter.

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #106  
I understand protecting one's privacy. Looking at an artist's work isn't that.

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #107  
I understand. By sharing the art, you identify the artist. By identifying the artist, you can identify the poster.

It is not rude or paranoid to keep your identity safe on the internet. We all probably share too much.

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #108  
   / Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #109  
Of course it's a personal decision but many in business embrace from Realtors to Farmers and many in between...

Some make a living posting too.

Ive heard it many times the necessity of online presence and positive reviews or buzz transforms overnight.

/ Material costs rising- what would you buy now to hedge inflation #110  
You talking to me?
I ain't selling art.

Nope, but I won't post her name and posting her work would be doing that.
This is what you said:
"Probably the only safe bet is high-end fine arts.
They are recession and inflation-proof, they are proof against supply chain issues. Art outperforms the market."
"Oh yeah baby. My niece's work sells at $50,000 - $75,000 a pop she has an agent in Chicago and another in Europe. She does sold-out solo shows in Berlin, NY, LA, I think there's a Paris show coming up. Her work was maybe fetching 5 Grand just a few years ago, but now she's raking it in and can't keep up with demand."
All I'm asking is if I follow your investment advice and your neice's work is a great investment...where can I see examples?
It's not a hard question to answer, I could care less about one's identity. All artists selling their work have a name, where to buy it, examples, etc.
That's public knowledge.
How can art be a good investment if everything is secretive? Who's the artist?