Massy 1736

/ Massy 1736 #1  

ozark48

Tractor
d14 allis d17 allis massy 1736
Anyone own one or use one. Received a quote on 1736 shuttle today and its moved to top of list over Kubota l3301 and massy 1734e. Seems like a lot of tractor for the money. Any info would be great thanks Todd

/ Massy 1736 #2  
I've had one for a few years. I purchased it with a front blower and its main use is for snow removal from our ~1/3' mile dirt driveway.

Mine is a Hydro, the one issue I have is when your on a downhill slope, there is a hesitation between being stopped and reversing. You will drift further downhill before the transmission engages to allow you to reverse.

The only other issue is with the saddle fuel tanks, there is a check valve between them to keep the right side full which is where the fuel pick up is, however the fuel gauge sensor is on the left side and it can sometimes indicate an erroneous reading, keeping it topped off is one solution. Others have removed the check valve and drilled a small hole to help balance the levels on each side but still try to keep the right side full.

All in all I'm happy with my purchase, the above issues are minor and as long as you are aware of them, they can be dealt with.

/ Massy 1736
Thanks thclimer.

/ Massy 1736
Pulled trigger on 1736 with shuttle and loader. Should have it next week. I wanted ag tires but he couldn't find one so went with 17.5x24 L4 tires. Cash price of $21000. Thought that was a good price. Will be a couple of happy grandsons at Christmas time lol

/ Massy 1736 #5  
Pulled trigger on 1736 with shuttle and loader. Should have it next week. I wanted ag tires but he couldn't find one so went with 17.5x24 L4 tires. Cash price of $21000. Thought that was a good price. Will be a couple of happy grandsons at Christmas time lol

Congratulations on your purchase that a good price, I'm sure you and your grandsons will have many enjoyable hours on it.

What is your first project?

/ Massy 1736
Have 2 large oaks and 1 red elm to drag out of timber. Should really out pull the old d-14 allis. Only time I have ever wanted a foot of snow so we can try it out.