Price Check Massey Ferguson 202 Questions

/ Massey Ferguson 202 Questions #1  

adamc1014

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 202 Backhoe Loader
Recently I inherited a Massey Ferguson, I had some minor questions regarding it after doing some research and was hoping someone maybe able to help me out.

A little about the machine, my great uncle used it for minor tasks around the family farm. About 15 years ago, he stopped using it and it hasn't been turned over since then. I was trying to determine what is the best option for it. I am not hard up for cash, but wouldn't mind selling it and upgrading to something more modern that I can easily get parts for.

Serial number I found is: 300325. But when i search it through tractordata.com, nothing comes up.
Hour meter reads 1664, thats very accurate considering how minimally he used it, and he purchased it as a used model. All these years it has been covered and he did use logs to relive the stress on the hydraulic system. My father put batteries on it, it would crank, but no spark was present. The machine does have a frame mounted hoe along with a three point hitch and pto shaft. The hoe frame looks factory, but I can't seem to find any 202D's with backhoes on them.

Would someone be able to help me identify the year, model, and the value as is and in running condition. I included pictures showing it in its current condition. I appreciate the help and look forward to gaining knowledge on this remarkable machine.

Attachments

• Image 14.jpg
    Image 14.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 1,783
  • Image 16.jpg
    Image 16.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 1,213
  • Image 19.jpg
    Image 19.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 3,152
  • Image 23.jpg
    Image 23.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 602
  • Image 27.jpg
    Image 27.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 526
   / Massey Ferguson 202 Questions #2  
Tractordata shows this....TractorData.com Massey Ferguson Work Bull 202 industrial tractor information

Not much but will tell you engine type, serials...etc...Based on the look it should be a good one to "re-do" if you are so inclined...backhoe looks good...It will take some muscle/grease, but you could come out of it with a nice machine..good luck...let us know what you decide...Bobg in VA

/ Massey Ferguson 202 Questions
Thank you for the response, my main concern is the number is pre 1958, mine is "300" and they start at "301". What is an estimated value the way it sits, and if it were to be in operating condition?

/ Massey Ferguson 202 Questions #4  
I can't tell you anything about its "value"...what's it worth to you?? BobG

/ Massey Ferguson 202 Questions
Excellent question, as it sits now whatever scrap value is. My ultimate goal is to fix it up and sell it, but I live 2,000 miles from it, so its a logistical problem. In the event I can have someone fix it, I would like to sell it to someone young who doesn't mind working on it when the usual things go bad.

/ Massey Ferguson 202 Questions #6  
Recently I inherited a Massey Ferguson, I had some minor questions regarding it after doing some research and was hoping someone maybe able to help me out.

A little about the machine, my great uncle used it for minor tasks around the family farm. About 15 years ago, he stopped using it and it hasn't been turned over since then. I was trying to determine what is the best option for it. I am not hard up for cash, but wouldn't mind selling it and upgrading to something more modern that I can easily get parts for.

Serial number I found is: 300325. But when i search it through tractordata.com, nothing comes up.
Hour meter reads 1664, thats very accurate considering how minimally he used it, and he purchased it as a used model. All these years it has been covered and he did use logs to relive the stress on the hydraulic system. My father put batteries on it, it would crank, but no spark was present. The machine does have a frame mounted hoe along with a three point hitch and pto shaft. The hoe frame looks factory, but I can't seem to find any 202D's with backhoes on them.

Would someone be able to help me identify the year, model, and the value as is and in running condition. I included pictures showing it in its current condition. I appreciate the help and look forward to gaining knowledge on this remarkable machine.

Try here:

Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson Tractors Discussion Board

SDT

/ Massey Ferguson 202 Questions #7  
My father had one, real good tractor, but we didn't have the BH so it was very light in the back. It would lift the entire back end off the ground if you werent careful. Parts should be easy as I think the engine was the same as in a MF50. As long as the cylinders are not all rusted up it should be easy to get running again. I think they made them in the late 50's and early 60's.

/ Massey Ferguson 202 Questions #8  
I am looking to buy a 202 Massey Ferguson Work bull for parts. Lott Johnson Grifton NC 28530 phone 252-560-1352 email jdudes@embarqmail.com