Massey Ferguson 1250 engine repair

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 engine repair #1  

r2d2jim

Tractor
AC D-17
I am looking to purchase a 1996 MF 1250 compact tractor. The one I am looking at has an engine issue. The guy told me that he was cutting grass when all of a sudden the engine started to lose power, started smoking, and oil was leaking from ? He drove it to the barn and shut it off. Will crank over but now will not start and sounds like 菟iston slap from the engine. Your thoughts ? Are parts available for this engine ? Is it too costly to rebuild? Is it easy to rebuild. Do you have to split the tractor? It is a diesel, 3 cylinder, 34 hp. Any help is appreciated.

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 engine repair #2  
The 1250 is an Iseki made tractor with Iseki Diesel motor for Massey Ferguson...a partnership that still exists today with great success as both companies are doing very well. Without looking for particular parts that's great news in terms of the original producer not only still being in business but still in partnership with Massey Ferguson.

AGCO Parts Books

You can search basic diagrams and part numbers here. Agco (Massey parent company) funnels business through dealers and doesn't utilize the online marketplace in a friendly way. That said some stuff can be had at jackssmallengines.com if you have the MF part #.

Good luck!

/ Massey Ferguson 1250 engine repair #3  
Should be rebuild-able as long as engine block and heads are not cracked or warped. Not sure about the 1996, but 1997 to 2000 had two versions of the engine-but those models had an E at the end. (my dad used to have one and he rebuild the motor before he sold it)