Massey Fergson 2615

/ Massey Fergson 2615 #1  

StPat5837

I've got a Massey 2615, 4 wheel drive, front end loader, little over 1000 hrs, all the dash gauges have pretty much quit or gone south, anyone have a source for replacement gauges? Some of the gauges work some of the time others only if I smack it in the right place! I'm tired of whaking this thing!
Any suggestions or advise will be appreciated, Thanks, Patrick

/ Massey Fergson 2615 #2  
I've got a Massey 2615, 4 wheel drive, front end loader, little over 1000 hrs, all the dash gauges have pretty much quit or gone south, anyone have a source for replacement gauges? Some of the gauges work some of the time others only if I smack it in the right place! I'm tired of whaking this thing!
Any suggestions or advise will be appreciated, Thanks, Patrick

Have you had a look at any of the electrical connections to see if there is any corrosion that can be cleaned? Or sometimes the connections are a bit loose?

/ Massey Fergson 2615
Have you had a look at any of the electrical connections to see if there is any corrosion that can be cleaned? Or sometimes the connections are a bit loose?
Thanks for the reply, and yess I've checked and cleaned the connectors but Im thinking I need a whole new gauge assembly but have not found where to git one. Thanks again, still lookin, Patrick

/ Massey Fergson 2615 #4  
If you are having trouble with the entire gauge assembly a replacement MAY be in order. Your MF dealer would be the place to start for that. If you can easily remove the assembly though you may wish to start there. Some of them use printed circuits instead of discrete wiring. The traces can crack and may be repaired with point to point wiring. Sometimes they don't make a good connection and that can be improved. Look it over really well before investing what will probably be a few hundred dollars.