Massey 65 alternator

/ Massey 65 alternator #1  

jjbenson

Tractor
Kubota L3400 and Massey 65 Mark II Dieselmatic, Bobcat 863H, Yanmar B50 Excavator, CAT E70B excavator, Massey 245
Hey everyone, I just picked up this ‘64 Massey Ferguson 65 diesel Mark II. Other than the usual fuel leak at the injector and primer pump, it runs well. Currently I have to jump the starter due to a failed ignition switch. I need to re-wire the whole thing, but for now I want to fix the ignition so I’m not jumping the solenoid. I understand this machine originally came with a generator, and it appears it’s been converted to a alternator. I also understand that some alternators have a built in regulator and some don’t. I have included a few pictures of the alternator, and was hoping I could get some help. Can anyone confirm that this alternator has the regulator built in? I have the wires and connectors ready, I just don’t know where they go. Any help would be appreciated!

And if anyone can recommend a new ignition switch, I’m open to suggestion. I see 2,3,4 post switches that are recommended. Many folks say they are cheaply built, and I don’t mind spending money on a good one.

IMG_4092.JPGIMG_4091.JPGIMG_4090.JPG