Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #1  

Kingsqueak

Bronze Member
Tractor
Husqvarna TS-354X Massey Ferguson 2607h
So I have zero experience...the local dealers have neither on the lot to see in person and it's hard to tell scale from pics unless they are side by side.

I'm very heavily leaning to a 2607h Massey, I know roughly the size is between the big compacts and the 4700s. The 4700 series is just too big for my property dimensions.

I'm weighing the Kioti RX6620 against it but I have no RXs around to compare to and I can't tell if the RX is 4700 size or more like the 2600h series.

Anyone have any idea?

I'm looking at open stations for either one.

These tractors are on my list because of their weight and their beefier loader specs for weight and HP. I will be doing utility work, property maintenance, woods/trail work and the loader arms will be getting a workout with a grapple for pushing and clearing and lifting. The space I have to work in is a big constraint as is my current storage option which is basically a car sized garage bay door that is 7' high x 8' wide.

The 2600h seems to have the most weight and power in the smallest (relatively) overall dimensions.

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #2  
Not knowing those particular model numbers, can you provide the horsepower you are thinking about and if they are 4 wheel drive (suspect they are). Just thinking you might get more suggestions if we readily see what size tractor you are looking at.

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #3  
When you say property dimension, how small are we talking, might be better to hire it out.

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #4  
My storage option is a car sized garage with a bay door that is 7' high x 8' wide.

The Kioti RX6620 has a bare tractor weight of 5,800 pounds and a wheelbase of 83".

The MF2607h has a bare tractor weight of 5,865 pounds and a wheelbase of 82".

The two tractors are equal.

With a Loader and a few additional options both will have an operating weight of at least 8,700 pounds. If you intend to trailer the tractor to the dealer for service you will need a wide, heavy duty trailer and a robust tow vehicle.

Neither tractor will fit in a garage with an 84" header, even with the ROPS folded down. Tractors which will fit under an 84" header generally weigh under 3,800 pounds, but this varies by brand and model. (A motorized garage door may reduce entry height to 82".)

I would consider both these tractors suitable for flat, open, 100 acre farms. It is unusual for a new tractor owner/operator to need a utility class tractor, which these are. How many total acres do you have? How many are open acres? How many acres of the balance (woodland?) do you expect to operate a tractor over?

Is your southern NH land flat or are hills an added complication?

You can research tractor specs here:
TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors

Perhaps you should consider a Skid Steer in lieu of a tractor.
Front engine Tractors are designed for heavy work from the (rear) Three Point Hitch.
Rear engine Skid Steers are designed for heavy front Loader work. No Skid Steer that I know of has a Three Point Hitch.

Last edited:
   / Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure
The land size is 10 acres, wooded somewhat hilly.

The reason for the power and weight is to handily be able to clean up the mess from a forestry job done long ago that was left a complete wreck. So I want to clean up the underbrush and have a lot of downed limbs and chunks of tree to extract in the cleanup. I intend using a grapple for a lot of that.

There are also a lot of sizeable rocks, 1klbs is not that unusual, that I will be digging up and moving around.

I decided on the Massey due to the ergonomics of the operator station compared to the others. I'm very tall so a lot of tractors leave me with my knees over my hips when seated. One of the HST models had a rocker pedal, my foot was too big for it and due to my knee angle it was not comfortable to sit with my foot on it because I had to kind of sit while holding my foot up.

I have about 4-6 acres of the wooded mess to gradually chip away at clearing, then clean up to plant for habitat and then maintain when done.

Another reason I looked at this class aside from the weight for the work is the better re-sale value as they can be used on a production farm pretty easily.

A skid steer was out of the budget, I was considering a track steer for a while and even one of the telehandlers but the 3pt hitch will have a lot of utility for me for driveway maintenance, soil work as I clear things and plant, snow blower, york rake and probably many other things like winch or wood chipper too. The attachment costs for skid steers also priced me out.

I made the choice based on my dealer experience as well and the bang for the buck for weight and HP the 2607h has.

They are both 60-70 HP range for those asking, fairly comparable. The work I'll be doing isn't work that needs things like cruise control or other advantages if I was making money with the tractor and running it all day as a necessity. This is really "hobby farm" at best with work that is close to TLB level.

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #6  
The land size is 10 acres, wooded somewhat hilly.

I want to clean up the underbrush and have a lot of downed limbs and chunks of tree to extract in the cleanup. I intend using a grapple for a lot of that.

There are also a lot of 1,000 pound rocks that I will be digging up and moving around.

I have about 4-6 acres of the wooded mess to gradually chip away at clearing, then clean up to plant for habitat and then maintain when done.

From my experience a tractor with a bare weight of 4,000 pounds and 66" to 70" width is ample and safe for your expressed needs on ten acres. (My tractor is 3,700 pounds, bare tractor weight.)

It is simple to install fixed spacers under most tractor seats, which raise seats 3" to 6".

Most tractors of 4,000 pounds bare weight will have a FEL lift capacity of 2,000 to 2,600 pounds.

Some would fit in your garage.

When considering a tractor purchase, bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second and (narrowly) rear wheel ballast third.

Consider a PTO-powered Skidding Winch to safely accomplish some of your applications from the tractor positioned on flat ground.
VIDEO: tractor logging winch - YouTube

Attachments

• DSC00178.JPG
    DSC00178.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 92
  • fullsizeoutput_188.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_188.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 95
  • fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_192.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 109
  • fullsizeoutput_18d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_18d.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 73
  • DSC00104.JPG
    DSC00104.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 67
  • DSC00025.jpg
    DSC00025.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 91
  • DSC00420.jpg
    DSC00420.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • DSC00382.jpg
    DSC00382.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
  • DSC00376.jpg
    DSC00376.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • DSC00176.jpg
    DSC00176.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
   / Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #7  
I must say you have a lot of good analysis going on. I agree with your ergonomics concerns. A few hours on an uncomfortable machine makes you not want to use it. I highly commend you for thinking about this part.

HST is a good choice. I love mine. but then, one might call this a luxury.

Another thought is to consider being able to mount/dismount from either side. Being able to get up on the right side as well as the left side makes it makes it much nicer.

Since you are doing loader work, consider the ergonomics of the control lever. A design that makes you reach for it is not comfortable nor easy to finesse.

I have a 40Hp New Holland (very similar to the Massey model in 2006, when I bought it). It can easily pick up 1000#. And it is small enough to maneuver, which sounds like a feature you may want to think about. I also have a John Deere 55 (555?). It is around 55 Hp and way to big to maneuver in the woods.

Finally, I have an Add-A-Grapple on mine. Just a thought if you get it with a bucket and do not want to buy a whole 'nuther attachment.

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #8  
So I have zero experience...the local dealers have neither on the lot to see in person and it's hard to tell scale from pics unless they are side by side.

I'm very heavily leaning to a 2607h Massey, I know roughly the size is between the big compacts and the 4700s. The 4700 series is just too big for my property dimensions.

I'm weighing the Kioti RX6620 against it but I have no RXs around to compare to and I can't tell if the RX is 4700 size or more like the 2600h series.

Anyone have any idea?

I'm looking at open stations for either one.

These tractors are on my list because of their weight and their beefier loader specs for weight and HP. I will be doing utility work, property maintenance, woods/trail work and the loader arms will be getting a workout with a grapple for pushing and clearing and lifting. The space I have to work in is a big constraint as is my current storage option which is basically a car sized garage bay door that is 7' high x 8' wide.

The 2600h seems to have the most weight and power in the smallest (relatively) overall dimensions.

a 7 foot door opening width js very narrow for a tractor of any decent size, even a standard L Kubota. It will fit but just tight maneuvering

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure
The door is 9’ wide x 7’ high. The height I’m not totally sure will work, ROPS down will clear but I may not be able to safely drive it in. I’ll put up a shed for it at some point.

Yeah the winch and some snatch blocks is on the list for sure.

/ Massey 2600h series vs Kioti RX series, overall size/class hard to figure #10  
I have zero experience...the local dealers have neither MF2607 nor Kioti RX66209 on the lot. It's hard to tell scale from pics unless they are side by side.

The door is 9 wide x 7 high.

The height I'm not totally sure will work, ROPS down will clear but I may not be able to safely drive it in.

Nah, neither MF2607 nor Kioti RX66209 will fit under 84" header WITH ROPS FOLDED. Way too tall.
Also inquire vertical engine exhaust stack height, which exceeds height of folded ROPS.

If you want secondary source precise heights, start a new thread for each brand in MF and Kioti specific forums. Here is a sample layout:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...bota-l4701-folded-rops-height.html?highlight=

Compact tractors have horizontal exhausts, usually oriented forward.
Utility class tractors have vertical exhausts. Utility tractors rest in tall door barns.

Last edited: