Massey 1840M purchase?

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #1  

Kcbeesley

Tractor
Ford 2000 3 cylinder
Looking at buying a Massey 1840M, replacing a 1968 Ford 2000. Massey has a cab and loader along with 3rd function. Using on 7 acres of land doing the following task 2 bottom plow and 6 foot tiller, bush hogging 2 acres, snow plowing and maintaining 500 foot gravel driveway. Have driven multiple brands, and all brands have a dealer within an hour drive of home. At this point spec, price and comfort the Massey is the leader. Anyone that has a Massey 1800m had any issues with it? Am I over looking anything? Thanks

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #2  
We have a 1750M on the farm. I realize it isn't the same tractor (has Shibaura engine). Have had no issues with it. It has a little over 350 hours. I love that the M doesn't have DPF. I think you will be very happy with the 1840M. Iseki makes a great engine.

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #3  
I’m really loving the new Massey 1835/1840M’s. 100% built in Japan by Iseki. Good solid weight at about 4000lbs bare tractor for the cab version, HST sensitivity is fully adjustable, one rear remote standard on the cab version, just a really nice all around compact tractor at a good price point.

My only slight critique is the PTO HP seems pretty low compared to other manufacturers but the turbo charged engine should make pretty good torque to compensate. And you gotta ask yourself if the few extra thousand bucks is worth it for the 1840M given that only has three more HP than the 1835M.

All around great tractor at a really good price point.

/ Massey 1840M purchase?
We have a 1750M on the farm. I realize it isn't the same tractor (has Shibaura engine). Have had no issues with it. It has a little over 350 hours. I love that the M doesn't have DPF. I think you will be very happy with the 1840M. Iseki makes a great engine.
Thanks for the info I am keeping my eye out for a used 1700m they don’t so up often but if the right one did I will buy

/ Massey 1840M purchase?
I’m really loving the new Massey 1835/1840M’s. 100% built in Japan by Iseki. Good solid weight at about 4000lbs bare tractor for the cab version, HST sensitivity is fully adjustable, one rear remote standard on the cab version, just a really nice all around compact tractor at a good price point.

My only slight critique is the PTO HP seems pretty low compared to other manufacturers but the turbo charged engine should make pretty good torque to compensate. And you gotta ask yourself if the few extra thousand bucks is worth it for the 1840M given that only has three more HP than the 1835M.

All around great tractor at a really good price point.
Thanks for the input. I agree the price for what you get is not found anywhere else. 12k less than Deere and Kubota, 3k less than New Holland.

yes the biggest down fall is the HP lost thru the transmission but it still falls with in my needs. The dealers around here only stock the 1840m and I would think running the ac in the summer is when the extra HP would be nice. Not sure how much would be saved by going to 1835m

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #6  
Here is one a bit of a drive away. This is the same years as ours.

1672615072181.png

1672615116407.png

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #7  
The Massey 18M series is really nice; I would imagine the machine would treat you well.

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #8  
I've got the 1760MH HST. I was originally thinking along the lines of something in the 40-45Hp range, but the 60Hp 1760 wasn't that much more, and like they say "No one ever says I wish I'd bought a smaller tractor". I was also looking at putting a Lane Shark on the FEL and they require a bit more flow rate. And, I'm not young anymore and this may be the last tractor I ever own. I did bend the port side hydraulic ram on the FEL, and have since learned that Massey has put larger diameter rods in those cylinders. But, I don't blame Massey for the problem as it was probably something stupid I did that caused it. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues. I should mention I use mine in 25 acres of woods maintaining trails, hauling brush, etc., and probably don't put as many hours on it as some do.

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #9  
Hi there. In December I just purchased a 2022 1840M with cab and fl2611 loader with 72" bucket and a 68" mk martin pull type snowblower. Tractor is very nice and a major improvement over the cabbed 1025r i traded in. I thought i was pursuing the deluxe cab, but the young sales guy was confused and instead i got the standard cab. Its still extremely nice. I mostly use it for snowblowing, and have yet to mow grass. Today it did its regen at 30 hours, and it seemed to lose power while snowblowing and using hydraulics. But after regen i didnt have anymore issues. I HAVE A MAJOR ISSUE WITH ONE THING, the glowplugs dont stay on but for 1 second. It turns over for a full 8-10 seconds before starting. 2 seperate and unaffiliated dealerships have said this is normal. I live in west yellowstone, and glowplugs are important around here. Other than the plugs, i am very happy and satisfied with the tractor.

/ Massey 1840M purchase? #10  
Welcome, that's a nice tractor you have.

I have no experience with that large of an Iseki engine but my smaller Massey GC2400 (Iseki) was always a cold natured beast. Even glowing it 3 times for 8-10 seconds when it is really cold it would crank a lot and smoke a lot when it started. I had kept it longer I would have put a block heater on it. As far as the glow plugs, Just glow it a few times.