Price Check Massey 1635

/ Massey 1635 #1  

docone

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100HST, B6200D
I am checking prices for a friend, and he's looking at a model 1635 (2010) with cab, loader, and a few attachments, 170hrs, priced at 35K$. Does this sound reasonable?

would appreciate any info you may have on this.

Thanks, in advance

Dave

/ Massey 1635 #2  
Unless he istrying to avoid tier 4 engines, why not look at the new 1736? I believe that is the new comparable model. I was quoted $30,000 for a new 1736 hst cab with loader and loaded tires. Most importantly a new warranty.

Last edited:
   / Massey 1635 #3  
Sounds way too high. If you go to Massey's site and price out a new 1736 with cab, loader, hst, etc, their *list* price is ~$36k.

/ Massey 1635 #4  
Just bought a 1758 HST with loader, filled tires, cab, 3 function loader with 2 valves plumbed end of boom, radio, the larger tires, 42600. Wish it wasn't a tier 4 but that is the way it goes. 5 yr warranty nice

/ Massey 1635
Thanks to all who posted on this, I think I have him talked into doing a bit more soul searching, through local dealers b4 he buys anything.

Happy Tractoring!!

Dave

/ Massey 1635 #6  
Thanks to all who posted on this, I think I have him talked into doing a bit more soul searching, through local dealers b4 he buys anything.

Happy Tractoring!!

Dave

The folks that posted do not realize how much more EVERYTHING costs in Canada. If the tractor comes with Service records, that is an excellent price.

We had one of the first 1635 Cab Powershuttles in the Province back in 09 when they came out, and it cost $34,000 for the tractor and RFM before a significant trade allowance.

DO NOT get the wheels loaded, get suitcase weights and wheel weights, will be much happier.

Keep us posted.

/ Massey 1635 #7  
Explain please, why do you not like your wheels loaded? What do you find negative about loaded wheels?
My tractor rides better with them filled to 75% and I have only had to deal with the solution due to a flat once in 15 years.

/ Massey 1635 #8  
A
Explain please, why do you not like your wheels loaded? What do you find negative about loaded wheels?
My tractor rides better with them filled to 75% and I have only had to deal with the solution due to a flat once in 15 years.

This is something the compact tractor crowd does not understand SOIL COMPACTION IS BAD. Driving around with your tractor weighted to the max all the time is a bad thing. Add and remove weight as needed, adjusting pressures as needed is a more logical way of doing it. Row crop tractors do not have loaded tires, they also do not run bias ply, all radials not loaded, with wheel weights as needed.

Do some research on soil compaction, not a good thing at all. Yields can be affected by compaction, things have come a long way in the past 15 years.

/ Massey 1635 #9  
A

This is something the compact tractor crowd does not understand SOIL COMPACTION IS BAD. Driving around with your tractor weighted to the max all the time is a bad thing. Add and remove weight as needed, adjusting pressures as needed is a more logical way of doing it. Row crop tractors do not have loaded tires, they also do not run bias ply, all radials not loaded, with wheel weights as needed.

Do some research on soil compaction, not a good thing at all. Yields can be affected by compaction, things have come a long way in the past 15 years.

Most CUT owners are not concerned with yields because they are not farming.