massey 1055 loader no down force

/ massey 1055 loader no down force #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Ok so my loader works great except it has no down force. Float position works good but for down force it normally lifts front of tractor with no issues. However, now it won't even try to lift the front end. Anyone have any suggestions? All other movements on the loader work great.

Thanks,

/ massey 1055 loader no down force #2  
Ok so my loader works great except it has no down force. Float position works good but for down force it normally lifts front of tractor with no issues. However, now it won't even try to lift the front end. Anyone have any suggestions? All other movements on the loader work great.

Thanks,

Flow is bypassing somewhere on the rod side.....maybe a rod side work port relief valve is stuck open...eventually the rod side of the piston seal (if there are two U-ring seals) is blown...

/ massey 1055 loader no down force
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming this isn't to easy to fix right? Would love to do it myself but don't even know where to start.

/ massey 1055 loader no down force #4  
Just to be certain, I'd switch the hoses to make sure the problem stayed as no downforce. If it changes to no upforce after the switch, it ain't the cylinders.

/ massey 1055 loader no down force #5  
If you have QD's on that function, do not forget to unhook and rehook QD's. They can do the darnest things making you think you have a problem.