Manuals and specs

/ Manuals and specs #1  

garry

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 1050
I just bought a Steiner 430 max. Any idea where I can get an owners manual? Also how can I determine what year it is?

/ Manuals and specs #2  
I have seen various owners manuals on ebay. Also do a Google search for them there are some free pdfs available for download. ..I know there is a parts manual for a 430 on therr I've used it before..also the 420 is the same machine from the black down..The serial number below the steering wheel gives you the info on the model year.There weren't a lot of changes on the 430,the biggest ones were which axles you have early versions have light duty axles,and they got heavier as they went on...this is important if your running duals and a loader together.

/ Manuals and specs
Thanks, I just ordered an owners manual on eBay. I have the serial number, B7168, but I cannot find a site that will cross reference the serial number to the year.

/ Manuals and specs #4  
Just bought a steiner tiller at an auction sale. I am going to drain the gearbox oil and replace with fresh oil.
Do I use a syntetic 80/90 gear oil, or should I use something else. Long time reader, first time poster.

/ Manuals and specs #5  
Just bought a steiner tiller at an auction sale. I am going to drain the gearbox oil and replace with fresh oil. Do I use a syntetic 80/90 gear oil, or should I use something else. Long time reader, first time poster.
I don't think it matters much ,I'd use regular gear oil ,it's a low load application,not likely to be used for extended times.If you want to use synthetic that's even better...I'd use 80/w90 or 75/90 synthetic....

/ Manuals and specs #6  
Thanks Raw Dodge, drained the oil and was full of water, but gearbox seems in good shape. Any idea on how to check the age of it. Serial # 1385 and was built in Dalton Ohio. Model # TL348. Thanks in advance

/ Manuals and specs #7  
No I dont know how to get a production date....my snow blowers gearbox was full of water too,thanks to a poorly designed vent..the vent was a pinhole in the Allen head fill plug..once running a while the gearbox would make enough heat to melt the snow on top of the gearbox and a small amount would enter the gearbox everytime it cooled off and contracted. All this was under the shields so you couldn't see it..a simple 2 inch riser out of 1/2 npt witg a vent drilled in the side got the vent above the flat top of the gearbox and problem solved...I ran cheap gear oil thru the gearbox ran it a minute drained it and repeated it once more then filled it with cheap gear oil.