Manual Diverter Valve ?

/ Manual Diverter Valve ? #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
I now have a set of rear remotes via my 3rd SCV valve, works great and have been using it constantly with HTL and snow plow, even though I thought I would never need one, I'm now thinking about the tilt cylinder.

I hear all this talk about the electric diverter valves, but do they make a manual valve? That I could just quick couple to my remotes and have the option of 2 separate sets of remotes. I can easily reach the remotes so if I had a lever controlled valve it would be simple to switch back and forth.

The need is not that great, so I doubt I'd go the whole electric diverter route, maybe just get the tilt cylinder and switch lines when needed if I can't get a manual valve.

JB.

Last edited:
   / Manual Diverter Valve ?
Thanks Kenny,

So with those I would still use the 3rd SCV lever to control the cylinders, but would select which cylinder with the long handle shown on these units?

The handles shown look like they are spring loaded like they would control a cylinder instead of lock in any one position???

Otherwise looks promising, I assume the top ports are the inlets and there are 2 ports on each side for the outlets (can't see both sides) would just take a little plumbing fittings and 2 male plugs and 4 female couplers.

JB.

/ Manual Diverter Valve ? #4  
So with those I would still use the 3rd SCV lever to control the cylinders, but would select which cylinder with the long handle shown on these units?

Yes

The handles shown look like they are spring loaded like they would control a cylinder instead of lock in any one position???
They are not be spring loaded.

/ Manual Diverter Valve ?
OK, now I know it's doable, what do you think of going that route? easier? cheaper? it's for rear tilt shouldn't need adjusting constantly. Not like sharing a curl function valve with a grapple on a loader, where you would be switching back and forth with every load on some jobs.

Seen any others here using one of the manual selectors?

JB.

/ Manual Diverter Valve ? #6  
Going with a manual one may be a little cheaper, but not easier. There is the same amount of plumbing for either, and both must be mounted. The manual unit needs to be within easy reach for the operator, the electric one can be mounted anywhere...

/ Manual Diverter Valve ? #7  
The electric one would be easier and likely cheaper in the end because you can mount the valve anywhere and only bring wires to the the operators station. Unless the hoses run right where you can reach them.
Ken